Sabatini's for Suite Breakfast

SteelerFanXL

The (MDR) kitchen opens at 7:30 (or maybe 7:00) if you are planning to order a hot breakfast for your room (not room service menu). You can not order Sabatini's breakfast for your room. Best check when onboard. I had ordered regular room service and a hot entree. Room service was delivered...never got my hot breakfast before leaving the room for an early start.

This was one of my few complaints from our British Isles cruise last year. Sabatini's held to its standard opening time, even on early port arrival days, so was unavailable to those of us with early tours. Because this was such a port intensive cruise, some of the value was lost. Yes, we ordered a room service breakfast, but it's not the same at all.

Sabatini's hours are typically 7:30-9:30 on sea days and 7:30-10:30 on port days. Really wish they would open a little earlier on port days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I totally agree. While I make great use of it on sea days and late excursion start times (port days), I do miss out on a number of days when we have an early excursion.....

Bob

I really hate early excursions. I book cruises to relax and when we do have an early excursion, I worry about being late to the meeting point so there is no way I want to eat a leisurely breakfast at Sabitini's. Much faster to order something from room service or even run through the buffet or stop at the International. We don"t eat much for breakfast so it isn't that big of a deal. I also don't want to drink very much - never know where a bathroom is.

Skip Sabatinis if you are in a rush even if they are open.

Sabatinis is more of an experience, not something you want to rush through. Sit, have a Mimosa, yuck it up with the wait staff. Enjoy the cook to order breakfast and that second Mimosa. Then take a nap and before you know it it's time for lunch.

On days with early excursions, we would order from the Suite Breakfast hang tag (red printing) for a 6:30 am delivery.

Had to call them only once when they were 10 minutes late.

Good to know. I couldn't get hot food before 7 (I think).

Good to know. I couldn't get hot food before 7 (I think).

Yes, hot food is included for the suites, bacon, ham, sausages, eggs, oatmeal, etc. Now the eggs were not the same quality as Sabatini's, but more like the Horizon Court without the crowds.

We have sailed in a full suite six times on five different ships between 2012 and last November and on those cruises Sabatini's never opened before 7:30.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here is a snap of the letter we received two weeks ago on the Island Princess. I agree in the past I've seen 0730 but I assumed this is a change.

1817302509_SabatiniLetter4.jpg.2eacd8e4795020239fc65a5424f56cb5.jpg

Not sure what time they open but You can go to the club class for breakfast. On two of our last cruises, we prefered the staff there and not Sabitini's. And that is very unusual. Usually the staff in Sabitini's is outstanding and makes the experience there very soecial.