Foods Not to Eat at the Buffet

Everything that we did eat on the NCL buffet was really good. I don't think I had a bad bite.

What I didn't eat that I normally do is salad bar. I LOVE salad bars, but the offerings were pretty pitiful and the dressing wasn't good.

Sadly, Turkey Bacon is a real thing as is Turkey sausage and get this.........Turkey Ham. ;p

Goes right along with Miracle whip is used as mayonnaise, and

the stuff in the tubs being called butter. Its the world we live in.

And then we get into the things like tofu baloney, tofurkey and vegan salami. I'll leave those to the vegans. :)

Am I the only one who actually likes the scrambled eggs, be they liquid whole eggs or powdered eggs, dig to the bottom of the bacon pan for the crispier stuff, like the little tater round things at breakfast, and also like Vegemite (I keep a jar in the pantry at home)? I must be the black sheep here,:')

Am I the only one who actually likes the scrambled eggs, be they liquid whole eggs or powdered eggs, dig to the bottom of the bacon pan for the crispier stuff, like the little tater round things at breakfast, and also like Vegemite (I keep a jar in the pantry at home)? I must be the black sheep here,:')

You realize, of course, that it is people like you who encourage lines to serve things like pre-scrambled eggs, Vegemite, etc.

As long as they do not over cook the eggs, so they are hard lumps, I am fine with them.

I prefer slightly soft bacon.

I also like Vegemite. Once I was taught how to eat it in Australia. Toast, lightly buttered,, THIN smear of Vegemite. Eat.

Blood sausage. (n) They had it on RC. It might taste good because they had it almost everyday in April. The name of it, how it is made and the looks of it just makes me want to hurl.:eek:

I tasted it at Universal in the Harry Potter area. It was a free breakfast with our package deal and it included 'black pudding'. It's just plain wrong to have someone's tastebuds all set for dark chocolate pudding and then to serve them that horrible item! It tasted really bad to me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You realize, of course, that it is people like you who encourage lines to serve things like pre-scrambled eggs, Vegemite, etc.

:p Thanks! LMAO. If it’s a meal that I don’t have to make and clean up after, I’ll make the best of it! Don’t eat Vegemite very often, but I do like it from time to time.

As long as they do not over cook the eggs, so they are hard lumps, I am fine with them.

I prefer slightly soft bacon.

I also like Vegemite. Once I was taught how to eat it in Australia. Toast, lightly buttered,, THIN smear of Vegemite. Eat.

I used to work with an Aussie years ago who had me try it the traditional way on buttered toast. It’s also a great additive to soups or stocks!

I tend to avoid the bacon. It's usually greasy and limp. I prefer bacon that's been drained and is crispy. Some of the desserts can be hit or miss. The cookies are generally okay, but sometimes some of the cakes offered can be a little bland. If you ever see cake pops, those little round balls of iced cake on a stick, skip them. They're not very good.

I agree on the bacon

Real greasy and packed together. When you try to have 1 slice it’s all stuck together and you get about 5 slices

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Throw some tequilla in it and we'll all be happy! [emoji484][emoji484][emoji484]

Always good advice. Just got back from a cruise. Glad to see my favorite thread is still going! I'll try to behave myself. :D