Solstice 2 night sampler Oct 20th

Haven't heard of a lot sick, but cleaning is everywhere and we also were delayed boarding due to cleaning. Also forgot to add I have never been on a ship where is was sell, sell and more sell. Everywhere we go someone wants us to buy something. Not us, but I do see a lot of first time cruisers buying.

$6 + US for a coffee if you don't have a package for starters.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Haven't heard of a lot sick, but cleaning is everywhere and we also were delayed boarding due to cleaning. Also forgot to add I have never been on a ship where is was sell, sell and more sell. Everywhere we go someone wants us to buy something. Not us, but I do see a lot of first time cruisers buying.

$6 + US for a coffee if you don't have a package for starters.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Someone said it was 10 usd for a hot chocolate?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seems to us there is a lot of negatives about the ship thus far. What we need to know if there is anything positive at all.

There is

The rooms were lovely

Nice food

Lots of places to sit n chat

It's a really nice ship

Just had a few issues

Seems to us there is a lot of negatives about the ship thus far. What we need to know if there is anything positive at all.

Was on Solstice to NZ 5 years ago, bathrooms the best. Food just ok. Liked the ship but no walk around promenade deck.

Thanks I thought 10 sounded a bit rich

I had the premium non alcohol package so didn't notice prices

USD6 seems high enough :-)

Coincidentally that works out to pretty much the same as a "Signature Hot chocolate" from the Lindt cafés in Oz. Not sure if it measures up... they're normally a bit cheaper at other places.

USD6 seems high enough :-)

Coincidentally that works out to pretty much the same as a "Signature Hot chocolate" from the Lindt cafés in Oz. Not sure if it measures up... they're normally a bit cheaper at other places.

But you haven't already paid for your drink, at Lindt Cafe. I think they are getting too greedy, the prices are no longer a small extra amount.

I was on the 2 night sampler when the Solstice first came here a few years ago. No tote bag etc in CC and when I asked, I was told it 'didn't apply to short cruises". I was able to get them to see my point of view :mad: and I got them....begrudgingly

Whether it's 2 or 20 nights, you pay a premium for CC so you should receive all the inclusions

There is

The rooms were lovely

Nice food

Lots of places to sit n chat

It's a really nice ship

Just had a few issues

Agree, and those positives were the things I wanted to check. The negatives (other than those the noro outbreak caused) I’d foreshadowed and factored in when we booked.

I was on the 2 night sampler when the Solstice first came here a few years ago. No tote bag etc in CC and when I asked, I was told it 'didn't apply to short cruises". I was able to get them to see my point of view :mad: and I got them....begrudgingly

Whether it's 2 or 20 nights, you pay a premium for CC so you should receive all the inclusions

I totally agree if there's no concierge class on a two day sampler don't charge for it

I totally agree if there's no concierge class on a two day sampler don't charge for it

And/or make that distinction clear in advance. Bookings said that they were inclusions when booked so you should get what was promised; it just reads as though making an excuse for not wanting to deliver what was promised.

I was also on this cruise in concierge.

I'm still looking forward to my next cruise on her in March, my friend is not convinced and thinks RCCL is much better, however we did book celebrity Edge Greek island cruise onboard so hopefully she'll get the real celebrity experience then :)

We were also disappointed in the sampler. Luckily we had sailed celebrity before and know how amazing it can be. We are back on in March as well and looking forward to a classy and elegant experience....lol

Funny that your friend is not convinced... we went on a 3 day sampler with RCCL on March and was not at all impressed....lol...it was actually worse than the celebrity sampler....so I guess samplers are no way at all to judge a cruise line

There are lots of positives...just not many about the 2 day sampler.

I fell in love with solstice on our cruise on her last November...this past weekend has tarnished the shine a little but we are full of hope that all will be redeemed on our next cruise on her in March.

There are lots of positives...just not many about the 2 day sampler.

I fell in love with solstice on our cruise on her last November...this past weekend has tarnished the shine a little but we are full of hope that all will be redeemed on our next cruise on her in March.

We were so excited to be going on the Solstice

Currently on the solstice for the cruise to the islands after the 2 day sampler. They are obviously still trying to keep on top of that Noro Virus outbreak as we got an email about delayed boarding , there was a note in our cabin about it and the ships crew are everywhere with hand sanitizer. Also all the books in the library had been removed sad to see all the empty shelves. So far our cruise has been decent most of the staff great although feel the bartenders lacking in enthusiasm or personality that helps a bartenders role... I do wonder if that may have something to do with the utter bogan behaviour of some people . Have cruised quite a lot including on princess and celebrity and have never witnessed the Bogan behaviour that I saw last night at the pool area. One group were so loud with their continuous swearing and bad behaviour I moved but I did wonder why didn't the bar staff say anything continuous F....... C.... words very loudly . Interesting that the most drunken crude group I have seen has been on Celebrity and not P&O..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Currently on the solstice for the cruise to the islands after the 2 day sampler. They are obviously still trying to keep on top of that Noro Virus outbreak as we got an email about delayed boarding , there was a note in our cabin about it and the ships crew are everywhere with hand sanitizer. Also all the books in the library had been removed sad to see all the empty shelves. So far our cruise has been decent most of the staff great although feel the bartenders lacking in enthusiasm or personality that helps a bartenders role... I do wonder if that may have something to do with the utter bogan behaviour of some people . Have cruised quite a lot including on princess and celebrity and have never witnessed the Bogan behaviour that I saw last night at the pool area. One group were so loud with their continuous swearing and bad behaviour I moved but I did wonder why didn't the bar staff say anything continuous F....... C.... words very loudly . Interesting that the most drunken crude group I have seen has been on Celebrity and not P&O..

The library was empty Friday

This was our first cruise with Celebrity and the hype we had heard and read about the Solstice had us expecting the wow factor.

We are booked and paid already on Solstice for a January cruise and I am truly hoping this experience was just a one off.

Thanks for your review, I can assure you that a short cruise will change the feel and demographic immensely on every line. Your January cruise will be a much better experience.

As for concierge, I would not pay extra for it as I don't see the value for me in what they offer as apart from a normal balcony.

I agree and where was Security when the Bogans were playing up and why did bar staff continue to serve them grog? These are questions I would put to Celebrity.:evilsmile:

So a new breed of cruiser is born...'Celebrity Bogan.'

I agree and where was Security when the Bogans were playing up and why did bar staff continue to serve them grog? These are questions I would put to Celebrity.:evilsmile:

So a new breed of cruiser is born...'Celebrity Bogan.'

And where was the management managing by walking around? The tone of a cruise is set from the top.

And where was the management managing by walking around? The tone of a cruise is set from the top.

Agreed and I have been on Solstice and like most ships these days, there many CCTV Cameras about. They are monitored from the bridge and from the Security Office. So it makes me wonder why the Senior Security Officer was not alerted either by the Bridge Team or Security Staff.

Amazing, sounds like selling grog and making money for the Cruuse Line was the priority, not the safety and comfort of other pax.

:evilsmile:

Do not doubt for a second that they were not being watched directly or by camera, If their behaviour actually became dangerous or threatening to anyone they would step in. Mostly I think that they try and avoid confrontation and will wait until things escalate or let them calm down. I am sure the bar staff would have been told to cut them off at a certain time but language among themselves is relatively harmless albeit disgusting.

I would also imagine that in the morning when they were sober and had sore heads, they would be told about their bad behaviour and would be warned (if any complaints had been registered her pax). Better to try and reason with them in the morning than when they are drunk.