How strong is the alcohol

Vibrantvirgo81

Are you asking to gage the number of drinks you may drink in a day?

Depends on the bartender. If you find a great bartender and slip them a little extra they will pour super heavy. I haven't run into one yet where they pour light to save the alcohol.

We hardly ever drink unless we are cruising. On days at sea, I've come close to the 15 drink limit. There are so many yummy concoctions to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I'm drinking mixed drinks, I'm more concerned about how they taste than how buzzed they'll get me, but maybe that's just me...:rolleyes:

I agree, i drink it for the flavor. However i can i usually tell if they use well drinks versus a second tier alcohol.

Yes, I'm trying to decide how many I may drink and if it'll be worth it. I was thinking they may pour light.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you think it's light get a shot of the alcohol that it is it and add it in front of them. But honestly i don't think they pour light. The servers and bartenders all know it could affect their tips.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 7 edge using Tapatalk.

Edited by sherilyn70

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Last year on Carnival Miracle i found the drinks to be pretty weak. One afternoon we were playing cards on deck and i had a kamakazi. It was pretty weak, so I had a second and then a third. By the time we were done I had 5 and barely felt a thing. Keep in mind that I am a 135 lb female, so I should've gotten a decent buzz. Oh and this was over the course of only an hour and a half! This year when we went, i had a bottle of vodka preordered for my room. I also brought a flask that looks like a suntan lotion tube, so when i ordered drinks I would "spike" them on occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have cruised on several different lines and my experience is that the drinks are very weak. I am not a heavy drinker and two martinis would ordinarily give me a buzz, but not on a cruise. Also, I have noticed that I never see anyone who appears drunk, even on one of the "party" cruise lines. I would like to hear others' experience about this.

It seems anymore my first drink has a lot of alcohol in it and the second one I order barely has any alcohol at all. I'd much rather have consistent amounts of alcohol...the amount the recipe calls for measured with a measuring instrument, not some guess-as-you-pour producing too much or too little alcohol in the drink.

I get tired of trying to find a bar that offers consistency.

• 2 weeks later...

My buddy snuck some 151 on the ship with him this last cruise and was hammered the whole time. My wife drinks and smokes like a fish and can't seem to get a buzz from the cruise ship drinks and was dumping the 151 in her drinks and never was able to get too wild :( I think it is all frame of reference and how much you drink at home.