Photo Packages

ykennedy35

Can anyone on a recent Divina cruise comment on photo prices and photo packages available onboard. When I originally booked the cruise I remember the 100 photo add-on being available for $99, well the price is creeping up as with all things and now shows $199.

Just wondering if it is worth it. I thought many people mentioned that they don't take. Picture when you board. Will I really get 100 photos? How much opportunity is out there. We always buy cruise photos and I did get a package of this type on celebrity last year but they take photos when you board and at every port.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can anyone on a recent Divina cruise comment on photo prices and photo packages available onboard. When I originally booked the cruise I remember the 100 photo add-on being available for $99, well the price is creeping up as with all things and now shows $199.

Just wondering if it is worth it. I thought many people mentioned that they don't take. Picture when you board. Will I really get 100 photos? How much opportunity is out there. We always buy cruise photos and I did get a package of this type on celebrity last year but they take photos when you board and at every port.

Thanks in advance

We were just on the Meravigilia (2 weeks ago). My cousin purchased this package. Yes you really get 100 pictures, any size you select. This just depends on if you take that many pictures. It is for everyone in the same cabin.

Throughout the cruise, the photographers are walking through the ship and taking candid shots, in the restaurants, along the promenade, etc. Additionally, there are "formal" set ups where you can take pictures. The only places I did not see the photographers are on the pool deck. I know for sure they take pictures when you embark. The only thing I do not know is if they take pictures at each port. The reason for this is because, with a 7 year old child, we were always late getting off the ship.

We were just on the Meravigilia (2 weeks ago). My cousin purchased this package. Yes you really get 100 pictures, any size you select. This just depends on if you take that many pictures. It is for everyone in the same cabin.

Throughout the cruise, the photographers are walking through the ship and taking candid shots, in the restaurants, along the promenade, etc. Additionally, there are "formal" set ups where you can take pictures. The only places I did not see the photographers are on the pool deck. I know for sure they take pictures when you embark. The only thing I do not know is if they take pictures at each port. The reason for this is because, with a 7 year old child, we were always late getting off the ship.

Thank you for the info. It's interesting though that the price double, it wasn't even a gradual increase in cost.

Wow it's $199 now! For Meravigilia we were able to purchase up to even 4 weeks before the cruise sail date.

Yes!! [emoji50] I was shocked when I saw this because I have an email from May where the MSC reservation agent sent suggested additions and lists the price of that package at $98 ( which is a great deal and no brainer, at least for me) but at nearly $200 I want to be sure I have an opportunity to take 100 pictures [emoji6]

We were on the June 10th sailing. My original plan was to purchase the 100 photo package for $98, but never got around to it. When I finally did, it was up to $149 so I passed. I purchased the $59 package instead (10 photos with CD). This actually worked out better for us. There are a ton of opportunities to take pictures, but we found that the poses were very similar, no matter the photographer. So, you kind of end up with the same picture, just different clothes.

The package that we purchased only included pictures with the MSC logo at the bottom (8x10), but we had plenty to choose from. The pictures turned out awesome as well. One thing to note is the 100 photo package includes very large prints (not sure of the exact size, but much larger than 8x10). I overheard one woman asking if they had a bag or something to put the photos in and was told they did not. Not sure how you would transport them if you are flying into port.

As far as cost on the ship, the 8x10 pictures were $23 each, so we got a great deal at 10 for $59. We also received 2 free pictures from the Meet & Mingle as well as a photo from the MDR (we booked Fantastica which includes a free photo from the MDR on Italian night, but no one came to the table to take our picture. We were told that we could pick another MDR photo instead). I personally don't know what I would do with 100 pictures, so this package worked out well for us (2 adults, 3 kids). We were also given the opportunity to upgrade to the 100 photo package with CD for an extra $149. So, that may be an option if you decide later that you want more than 10.

I can't believe the price jumped up to $199 already!

Yes!! [emoji50] I was shocked when I saw this because I have an email from May where the MSC reservation agent sent suggested additions and lists the price of that package at $98 ( which is a great deal and no brainer, at least for me) but at nearly $200 I want to be sure I have an opportunity to take 100 pictures [emoji6]

I agree with MustSailNow about other packages. Only you can decide if you can actually get 100 pictures. :-) My cousin's family had no problem selecting 100 pictures - small, medium and large. No issue transporting it from Rome to LAX. Now, we were on the Med itinerary. I wonder if the sailing out of Miami it will be US sizes instead of the metric system. Hopefully someone can chime in. Otherwise, I'll find out when I got on Seaside in Jan 2018.

There are other packages you can buy on the ship. The 100 picture package on the ship is higher than the $98, which as you mentioned is a no brainer. Even if you do not get 100, it is still a good price per print.

For my family personally, we used cell phones and our Canon. Been on too many cruises that we no longer buy pictures.

Two things they did that were nice on Meravigilia - not sure if this is applicable for other MSC ships. We were able to go online and download digital images of the ship. Also, they gave out small print (2 per cabin) for one dinner night and at the Black party.

We purchased the package for $98 in June. We ended up with 100 pics. The pictures are amazing quality. As someone mentioned you do end up with some larger (12x14) sized pictures. They gave us a large envelope to take them with us. It was really worth it. We got the boarding photo and a photo with the captain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We purchased the package for $98 in June. We ended up with 100 pics. The pictures are amazing quality. As someone mentioned you do end up with some larger (12x14) sized pictures. They gave us a large envelope to take them with us. It was really worth it. We got the boarding photo and a photo with the captain.

Were you on Divina? I'm curious if the pictures on Divina are in cm or inches.

I just went on the USA site and purchased it for our January 2018 Seaside cruise and it was $98. The photo quality is usually very good on cruises I have found. There are times I don't want to carry my camera and we don't carry our phones around on a cruise usually. I also like getting the formal portraits done since I don't do that at home often.

I just went on the USA site and purchased it for our January 2018 Seaside cruise and it was $98. The photo quality is usually very good on cruises I have found. There are times I don't want to carry my camera and we don't carry our phones around on a cruise usually. I also like getting the formal portraits done since I don't do that at home often.

Well that's interesting that you got a package on Seaside for 2018 at the $98 and Divina shows $199. We do like to have the photos taken on the ship' date=' I just can't understand the reason for such different levels of pricing in the same market. Oh well, should have booked it sooner, I guess now I will end up paying more. Though the size of 12x14 photos is making me think twice.

Well that's interesting that you got a package on Seaside for 2018 at the $98 and Divina shows $199. We do like to have the photos taken on the ship, I just can't understand the reason for such different levels of pricing in the same market. Oh well, should have booked it sooner, I guess now I will end up paying more. Though the size of 12x14 photos is making me think twice.

There were also 8x10s. You could probably have them print all of them in that size.

Well that's interesting that you got a package on Seaside for 2018 at the $98 and Divina shows $199. We do like to have the photos taken on the ship, I just can't understand the reason for such different levels of pricing in the same market. Oh well, should have booked it sooner, I guess now I will end up paying more. Though the size of 12x14 photos is making me think twice.

I'm not sure either. I figured I better get it now before it changes. My other thought is Seaside may still be low as an introductory promotional since it's a new ship.

• 3 months later...
Well low and behold, I went to order the package for my Nov cruise and it has completely disappeared. I personally think that's ridiculous

Yea ...all but the 4 below are gone for me too :o:(

- My Cruise Moments video package,

-My Cruise Moments Video,

-Pose, Choose, Share - Special Effects Digital Package

-Family Moments

We were on the Divina in August. I saw the $98 package in May/early June, but when I was about to purchase it, it went up to $198. But it was available early on. We ended up buying 4 individual photos for about $120. We traveled as a couple and figured we wouldn't want a ton of photos, but knew it was a good deal.

We're sailing on Seaside in December so I bought the $98 package right away. Since it's a Christmas cruise and my kids will be with us, I have no doubt we'll get our money's worth.

I'd definitely recommend pre-purchasing photos no matter the package. Prices on board are high.

We were on the Divina in August. I saw the $98 package in May/early June, but when I was about to purchase it, it went up to $198. But it was available early on. We ended up buying 4 individual photos for about $120. We traveled as a couple and figured we wouldn't want a ton of photos, but knew it was a good deal.

We're sailing on Seaside in December so I bought the $98 package right away. Since it's a Christmas cruise and my kids will be with us, I have no doubt we'll get our money's worth.

I'd definitely recommend pre-purchasing photos no matter the package. Prices on board are high.

Unfortunately, other than the 10 portrait package, and the Special Effects Digital Package nothing else is available anymore :o

Try to call MSC I wanted the VIP Photo Sea Card and it wasn't listed any longer I called and was able to order it for 59$ - digital copies only no prints but that's all i want anyway

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Thanks for that scotia_girl ...I called and they have added it to my booking, to be paid with final payment. Unfortunately it was at the higher amount of AU$133 but still worth it for all our photos

I love photos so will definitely be purchasing a package ahead of time. I understand the 100 photos for 99.00 from the information that everyone has posted here on the site. I am seeing a new option that I have not seen before and was wondering if anyone has purchased or has information on this package. It is the VIP photo sea card. It says it gives you all your photos in digital form which is 52.00. Does this include all photos even the Gala pictures? If you take 200 photos all are included and you have rights to print at Costco or a CVS? Sounds too good to be true? It also says per person? When I spoke to someone at MSC she said I only would buy one for my husband and I?

• 1 month later...

Ok I just got off the Meriviglia and got the VIP Sea card. I printed a 8×10 at WAL-MART and the quality was Great! The not so great part was MSC losing 1/2 of pictures - when i got home ready to download only 1/4 of the pics were there. I had to fill out an online form for lost picture and they have recovered about 1/2 of them. But still waiting on the rest.

Can you purchase the VIP Sea Card on board? This card confuses me as I called customer support and they claim it isn't available nor does it show on their website for purchase. I'll be sailing Divina in February and hope to get this card.

Ok I just got off the Meriviglia and got the VIP Sea card. I printed a 8×10 at WAL-MART and the quality was Great! The not so great part was MSC losing 1/2 of pictures - when i got home ready to download only 1/4 of the pics were there. I had to fill out an online form for lost picture and they have recovered about 1/2 of them. But still waiting on the rest.

When you have packages the photo staff isn’t as interested to hep you... and don’t pay attention to detail.