1st Family cruise for 7 to Alaska Need help with Cabin Selection

gmccool

Greetings,

My family will be taking a cruise this September to Alaska from Seattle or Vancouver to Alaska. We have not decided on a cruise line yet but we have cruised several times with Princess and Holland America to Alaska. My wife and I usually just get an inside cabin. This time we are going with the family to celebrate my wife's 60th birthday. My wife would like to get a cabin with a balcony. My daughter, husband and her 2 children will need a room for themselves and my son who is in his 30s will also be coming. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to break down the Cabin arrangements. I am just at a loss and I dont want to ask my wife until I have an idea what options to present to her.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

My opinion would be to take Princess north from Vancouver, (saves the Glaciers for last) and get one balcony, and one inside cabin opposing it across the hall. At least one balcony is a must for Alaska. It’s simply an awesome cruise regardless, but that is what I would do in your position. That way everyone has some balcony time if they wish. (They will). Most of your time on ship will be on the upper decks taking it in but you can enjoy the views from the balcony at others. We hope to return in September! It’s beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would book it with you and wife in a balcony, and 2 and 3 in the other cabins...cheaper that way. You can have anyone sleep anywhere once you've boarded. So the single son can have his own space, and the family can keep the kids! Cheaper to put one of the kids with the solo son, for booking purposes.