CPS Parking, Southampton - best price options?

Harry Peterson

I like CPS, but it is expensive. Does anyone have any knowledge as to whether the prices (I'm looking at March 2019) vary at all, or do they stay fixed, with the occasional, presumably annual, price increase?

I need a hotel too, but I can't recall any that include CPS parking in their hotel+parking packages. Does anyone know of such a package, though, or indeed any other way of getting a better rate for the CPS parking?

Why not try Parking4cruises. the only difference is that you drop your partner and whoever else and the bags. Then you drive just across the road to the short term car park and they photograph your car and take it away. Same thing on your return. Walk across to the short term car park and get your car. Much, much cheaper than CPS

Why not try Parking4cruises. the only difference is that you drop your partner and whoever else and the bags. Then you drive just across the road to the short term car park and they photograph your car and take it away. Same thing on your return. Walk across to the short term car park and get your car. Much, much cheaper than CPS

They get my vote too, very good.

I like CPS, but it is expensive. Does anyone have any knowledge as to whether the prices (I'm looking at March 2019) vary at all, or do they stay fixed, with the occasional, presumably annual, price increase?

I need a hotel too, but I can't recall any that include CPS parking in their hotel+parking packages. Does anyone know of such a package, though, or indeed any other way of getting a better rate for the CPS parking?

If you are booking select, which being March 19, I guess you are, it is likely that free CPS parking will be an option along with coach travel or some OBC.

Thank you for the tip. I have just booked Parking4Cruises for World Cruise in January. They were half the price of CPS and have excellent reviews. I think they have a good discount at the moment that runs out in a couple of days

We have used CPS and Parking4cruises in the past and even though the Parking4cruises service at the port is excellent I have now found out where they park your car during the cruise. It is on an industrial estate with just a locked metal gate, a cctv camera and no 24hr security they also do not hold and standards within the industry for security. The decision is up to the individual and how much value they put on security of their car.

We have used CPS and Parking4cruises in the past and even though the Parking4cruises service at the port is excellent I have now found out where they park your car during the cruise. It is on an industrial estate with just a locked metal gate, a cctv camera and no 24hr security they also do not hold and standards within the industry for security. The decision is up to the individual and how much value they put on security of their car.

That still sounds a lot better than a farmers field somewhere, and do you know for certain that the CPS car storage area is much superior.

That still sounds a lot better than a farmers field somewhere, and do you know for certain that the CPS car storage area is much superior.

Good point - CPS claim to be Park Mark approved, but I've not managed to find them on the Park Mark website. Do we actually know where they're putting the cars until they bring them back on the final day?

For 12 nights in March 2019, Parking4Cruises want £104 and CPS £130.

I too wonder where CPS park customers' cars. The first time I used them my car must have been parked under a tree or a lamppost because when I collected it, it was smothered in bird droppings. I scraped the windows, mirrors and lights clean before leaving the car park, and it took a pressure washer to get the rest of it off my car. On subsequent occasions I've used them, on collection my car has been covered in a thick layer of grey/brown dust. The last time it happened I checked my milometer - it had hardly moved, which would suggest to me that my car had been parked within the port boundaries, and close to a scrap dump. I don't use CPS now - I'm more than happy with Parking4cruises.

CPS parking has obtained the ParkMark safe parking award managed by the British Parking Association as an initiative by Association of Chief Police Officers and 24hr security patrols. Parking4cruises does not have this standard and does not have 24hr security patrols. Your car is parked in part of an industrial estate of which the area is protected by a metal gate padlocked and a cctv camera and no 24hr security as confirmed by Parking4cruises.

I have used CPS parking for our previous cruises and will be using them again soon.

We like the fact that you drive up right opposite the ship, met by friendly staff, cases taken away by porters and the terminal is minutes away.

Makes for a relaxing civilised start to the cruise.

Thats been our family's experience anyway :D

CPS parking has obtained the ParkMark safe parking award managed by the British Parking Association as an initiative by Association of Chief Police Officers and 24hr security patrols. Parking4cruises does not have this standard and does not have 24hr security patrols. Your car is parked in part of an industrial estate of which the area is protected by a metal gate padlocked and a cctv camera and no 24hr security as confirmed by Parking4cruises.

Has it though? I've checked the Park Mark website (http://www.parkmark.co.uk/) and I can find no mention of it. Am I missing something?

Has it though? I've checked the Park Mark website (http://www.parkmark.co.uk/) and I can find no mention of it. Am I missing something?

I don't think Park Mark keep their site up to date. We use Penguin Parking which are also a Park Mark checked site ,who are still showing as ACP Parking (old name).

So maybe some companies may not show for reasons like this amongst others ? Who knows ?

I can only say that we have used them about 5 times, never a mark on my car and if it' behind a locked gate with CCTV that's all I need.

99 nights for Jan 2018 - CPS £585 -Parking4Cruises £275 and no extra paid for car start but you can have a valet service. I assume CPS are more expensive as they are nearer the ship. But if you google the parking at the docks and check the images you will see that there are literally thousands of cars and numerous car parking companies. Parking4Cruises give a big discount for early booking. CPS keep their prices up because they are the preferred company for P&O

I can only say that we have used them about 5 times, never a mark on my car and if it' behind a locked gate with CCTV that's all I need.

If the locked gate is only locked by a chain and padlock it would not be very secure and if the cctv camera is not monitored 24hrs a day it would be no good after the event. It all depends on how much you think and the value of the car and whether you want to return off holiday with no car waiting. Nothing in life is 100% secure but when questioned Parking4cruises they were very sketchy and not very convincing about security and safety of the cars in their keeping.