Complaints

LSGDRG

I know that the amount of drinks allowed in the Premier Beverage Package and the quality of hors d' oeuvres are real issues for some cruisers. It just seems that recently, more and more of the focus is on complaining and not on providing information

I’ve been reading/lurking for years. Post here and there. I still think it’s a great site for info but, yes, more complaining.

The other thing I notice more is the rudeness in the answers. Not enough to not answer or just give a civil reply. Instead it’s “that’s a bad question” or “you’re wrong” or “why didn’t you search first”.

I think the whole treat others as you would want to be treated falls sadly by the wayside these days. What’s wrong with civility?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve been reading/lurking for years. Post here and there. I still think it’s a great site for info but, yes, more complaining.

The other thing I notice more is the rudeness in the answers. Not enough to not answer or just give a civil reply. Instead it’s “that’s a bad question” or “you’re wrong” or “why didn’t you search first”.

I think the whole treat others as you would want to be treated falls sadly by the wayside these days. What’s wrong with civility?

I love it, a complaint about complainers! 🤡

Sent from my iPhone while I should be working, using Forums

Dilly ... Dilly

Not just on here. Everybody seems to be complaining about something these days. :rolleyes:

Re the mass market lines in general - Can anyone think about cruise lines moving in a positive direction in any area? Is the food ... selection and quality ... actually improving in any MDR? Are the towels and linens getting softer and fluffier? Are the drink packages getting less expensive and more encompassing? Are people getting more considerate around the pool deck (chair hogs)? And on and on.

Why there are so many complaints is that the overall passenger experience seems to be in a downward spiral. Cruise lines need to keep their investors happy with "nice" bottom-line figures. Maybe, hopefully, at some point, they will realize that it's the passengers that will ultimately determine the success or failure of a company.

Edited by bigmjh

I agree. There are more complaints than in previous years. This site seems to cater more and more to complainers of school age elementary grade. That's based on what they complain about. ABSOLUTELY INFANTILE.... If someone doesn't get down on their knees for these people and kiss their feet.....THEY COMPLAIN....These people should simply stay home. They make it miserable FOR EVERYONE...

I guess you haven't heard the news. Civility is dead! Gone! Forgotten. So why should cruise critic be different. Just look at some of the posts around CC and it is all apparent. You have folks justifying wearing baseball caps (often backwards) in the dining room. Don;t they know that good manners means that men do not wear hats indoors (except in a few places such as Sports Bars). Folks ignore dress codes/guidelines...because they just don't "wanna do it." People sit at dining room tables with other passengers and spend part of their meal on their cell phone. Some passengers think nothing is wrong with trying save 32 seats in the theater for somebody (often they do not even know who they are saving the seats for...and those folks fail to show-up anyway). Passengers cram into elevators without allowing others to first exit. Folks cut in lines without any hesitation. Yes, civility is dead replaced by "Me Me Me Me!"

Hank

Or my new favourite theme. - I don't like the way you spell, the way you post and your paragraphs aren't to my liking...

If they provided soft fluffy towels they would disappear into suitcases as quickly as they put them in the cabins. Besides that, manufacturing them like sandpaper makes them last a few years before they need replacement.

Hey now, those sandpaper towels bring back fondish memories of my old Army issue OD green towels. The more you wash them, the softer they get. And I swear they will still be in one piece, fluffy as ever, long after I’m gone!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I guess you haven't heard the news. Civility is dead! Gone! Forgotten. So why should cruise critic be different. Just look at some of the posts around CC and it is all apparent. You have folks justifying wearing baseball caps (often backwards) in the dining room. Don;t they know that good manners means that men do not wear hats indoors (except in a few places such as Sports Bars). Folks ignore dress codes/guidelines...because they just don't "wanna do it." People sit at dining room tables with other passengers and spend part of their meal on their cell phone. Some passengers think nothing is wrong with trying save 32 seats in the theater for somebody (often they do not even know who they are saving the seats for...and those folks fail to show-up anyway). Passengers cram into elevators without allowing others to first exit. Folks cut in lines without any hesitation. Yes, civility is dead replaced by "Me Me Me Me!"

Hank

you are so right.

Hank

That is a sadly valid point.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Folks ignore dress codes/guidelines...because they just don't "wanna do it."

Hank

You do realize that Princess has relaxed their dress code in 2013 so that many people who don't dress to your standards are still in compliance with the guidelines for the DR on formal evenings.

Those who are unhappy about something are quick to vent their anger online and in this case cc. Those who are happy with the experience and life in general tend not to post. Hence we see a lot of complaints and not many kudos. Perhaps those of us who are happy need to post more.

... You have folks justifying wearing baseball caps (often backwards) in the dining room. Don;t they know that good manners means that men do not wear hats indoors (except in a few places such as Sports Bars)....

Hank

Here in the US southwest and west, it is perfectly acceptable to wear a hat in a restaurant. This comes from the days when men wore western hats and has carried over to wearing baseball caps. On the same note we wear jeans most of the time including to restaurants, church etc. It is perfectly acceptable. If we want to make it a bit more stylish we will wear a blazer with our jeans and shirt. There are different standards depending on where in the world you may live.

I usually don't pay attention to most complaints. We have met people on ships who complain. We try to avoid them from then on. One couple I remember vividly were on a cruise with us 15 years ago. They couldn't wait to get back to Carnival. Good for them that they found a line they liked better than Princess. It was only our second Princess cruise--and we've been on many many more since then. The things they were complaining about were trivial to us.

A lot of changes have come about, such as technology, pricing, new menus, changes in the dress code, perks, new ship design, as well as changes to the loyalty benefits and room category status changes. All of the cruise lines have made drastic changes in some or all of these areas. When ever this happens people will voice their opinion. It happens so frequently now that it seems like someone is always complaining.

Hank

Hank - I like your style and I totally agree with you!!