vegemite and cookies

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes - I was in Sydney a couple of years ago and was told I needed to try vegemite (sp) and get some cookies at the grocery store. I didn't care for the vegemite but loved the cookies. Supposedly the cookies were well known in Australia. I can't remember the name and was hoping someone could help me out. My cousin is going to Australia and I'd love to be able to tell her about them. Maybe I'd get lucky and she'd bring some back.

I loved Australia. It is one of my favorite places..

Sally:o

Tim Tam biscuits, produced by Arnotts, a national treasure. Tim Tam Ice Cream is also now available in Woolworths, Coles etc.:p

I reckon some of the big American cities like LA, NY and San Francisco would have an 'Aussie shop' where such delicacies are sold. Not sure about in the OP's State of South Carolina though.:(:o

Sydney Airport also has them at the usual inflated airport prices.:mad:

Tim Tam biscuits, produced by Arnotts, a national treasure. Tim Tam Ice Cream is also now available in Woolworths, Coles etc.:p

I reckon some of the big American cities like LA, NY and San Francisco would have an 'Aussie shop' where such delicacies are sold. Not sure about in the OP's State of South Carolina though.:(:o

Sydney Airport also has them at the usual inflated airport prices.:mad:

When we did our circ Aus cruise we befriended some Yanks so in Darwin Mrs Gut bought them a packet of Tim Tams, the husband thanked us for the Cookies but c9mplained that he had only been allowed one.

Love TimTams AND vegemite. Growing up my brother had a little song about lettuce cheese and vegemite sandwiches. I have to get friends to bring it over annually as I have yet to find a good supply of it in Canada[emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tim Tams are available in major supermarkets in the San Diego area along with vegemite. Big question, when is vegemite past its prime.

HAL and Princess usually have Vegemite available. If you do not see it ask and you will more than likely receive.

Tim Tams are available in major supermarkets in the San Diego area along with vegemite.

Tim Tams are still made in Australia and imported into the US by Pepperidge Farm. They should be able to be found in most big chains.

Trivia: The Tim Tam biscuit was named after the winner of the 1958 Kentucky Derby.

Vegemite is past its prime when the jar is empty.

I prefer Dick Smith's Ozemite as it is gluten free (coeliac) Also all profits go to charities here, well so Uncle Dick says.:halo:

I prefer Dick Smith's Peanut Butter to Ozemite.

I’m an Aussie that’s lived In the USA for over 40 years. This is my link to all good thing Oz https://www.simplyoz.com/ They are based in Cincinnati OH. They don’t carry all the varieties of Arnott’s biscuits, but they do have several of my childhood favorites. The meat pies they sell are made by a couple of Aussie mates of mine in Marietta GA.

Tim Tams are available in major supermarkets in the San Diego area along with vegemite. Big question, when is vegemite past its prime.

Vegemite doesn't really have a best before measured by the year its more like by the half life ;)

In Australia everything must have a use by or best before date. I always get a kick out of best before dates on million-year-old Himalayan Rock Salt and other preservatives like vinegar.

I prefer Dick Smith's Ozemite as it is gluten free (coeliac) Also all profits go to charities here, well so Uncle Dick says.:halo:

I prefer Dick Smith's Peanut Butter to Ozemite.

Uncle Les, Dick should have been named Hans Christian Anderson !! lolclear.png?emoji-smile-1742