Bottled water in the cabins....is it available?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:17 PM.
99 Posts
Joined Mar 2016
Hi All...

I originally posted this on just Cruise Critic, and was directed to the MSC Cruise Critic board, so here goes again:

1. We are booked on the Seaside in February/2018 in a Fantasia balcony and would like to know if there is bottled water available both in the cabin and during lunch and dinner in the MDR? I am a Type 2 diabetic and drink a lot of bottled water. From what I have been reading is looks like they offer sparkling water? etc., etc. We are on the 2 for 1 booking so we also get the free drinks at lunch and dinner in the MDR. We would be willing to buy the bottled water either way.

2. Would it be possible to ask for one of their small coffee pots for in the cabin that we have seen posted? My husband loves his coffee all day long (just plain coffee, nothing fancy).

Thank you for your replies
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"You don't stop playing because you get old.....you get old because you stop playing"

Richard and Janine
SOUTH WALES
3,619 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by Greselda2251
Hi All...

I originally posted this on just Cruise Critic, and was directed to the MSC Cruise Critic board, so here goes again:

1. We are booked on the Seaside in February/2018 in a Fantasia balcony and would like to know if there is bottled water available both in the cabin and during lunch and dinner in the MDR? I am a Type 2 diabetic and drink a lot of bottled water. From what I have been reading is looks like they offer sparkling water? etc., etc. We are on the 2 for 1 booking so we also get the free drinks at lunch and dinner in the MDR. We would be willing to buy the bottled water either way.

2. Would it be possible to ask for one of their small coffee pots for in the cabin that we have seen posted? My husband loves his coffee all day long (just plain coffee, nothing fancy).

Thank you for your replies
Yes there is bottled water in the cabins, but depending on what drinks package you have, it may be a cost item.
You can get a package of vouchers for water but be aware that all cabin occupants must have the same drinks package, (not applicable to the vouchers) ,

I don't know about the coffee pot, however, some of their ships , in specific regions have tea/coffee making facilities
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

268 nights at sea

pete at cruisingmates dot co dot uk

1961 HMTS Dunera UK to CYPRUS 23 nights
1962 Cyprus to Isreal and Egypt 5 nights
1991 Carnival Jubilee L.A. / Mexico (Total Eclipse Cruise) 7 nights
1998 Carnival Fascination Caribbean (Total Eclipse Cruise) 7 nights
1999 Airtours Sundream W. Med 7 nights
2000:Airtours Sundream Baltic 15 nights
2005 MSC Opera E. Med 7 nights
2007 MSC Lirica W. Med 7 nights
2008 MSC Orchestra W. Med 7 nights
2009 MSC Orchestra Caribbean 7 nights
2009 RCI Serenade OTS (JS) Alaska 7 nights
2009 MSC Musica E. Med 7 nights
2010:RCI Explorer OTS (GS) Caribbean 9 nights
2010 MSC Splendida W. Med 7 nights
2011 NCL Norwegian Dawn (Penthouse Suite) W. Caribbean 5 nights Back to Back
2011 NCL Norwegian Dawn (Penthouse Suite) S. Caribbean 9 nights Back to Back
2011 P&O Azura Norway 7 nights
2011 RCI Grandeur OTS (GS) W. Med 7 nights
2012 MSC Splendida W. Med 7 nights
2012 RCI Splendour OTS (GS) Repo Brazil to Spain 13 nights
2012 RCI Splendour OTS (GS) E. Med 7 nights
2012 MSC Divina E. Med 7 nights (YC)
2013 MSC Opera UK to Lisbon and back 10 nights
2013 MSC Sinfonia W. Med 7 nights (Yippee!! BLACK CARD after this;;-- GOT IT NOW!!!!!!)
2014 MSC Opera UK to Souh Africa Grand voyage 21 nights
2014 MSC Sinfonia E. Med. 11 nights
2016 MSC Orchestra Caribbean 14 nights B2B with
2016 MSC Orchestra Trans Atlantic 14 nights
2016 MSC Splendida Repo UK to Italy 7 nights

BOOKED

2017 MSC Meraviglia Western Med (YC) 7 nights

2018 MSC Seaview Western Med 7 nights

2018 MSC Magnifica Repo 9 nights

99 Posts
Joined Mar 2016
Thank You Pete for the information BTW, they call me a "Taffy" for my father was born and raised in Cardiff, Wales......beautiful people!!!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"You don't stop playing because you get old.....you get old because you stop playing"

Richard and Janine
SOUTH WALES
3,619 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Originally posted by Greselda2251
Thank You Pete for the information BTW, they call me a "Taffy" for my father was born and raised in Cardiff, Wales......beautiful people!!!!!
I agree to a certain extent

\they never really accept you, well at least my work colleagues jovially and in affectionate sort of way called me "that b*****d Englishman"

I'm an incomer, so I'm not actually Welsh, although my kids claim to be Welsh, I just say they are English unfortunately born in Wales. I know that where you were born doesn't make you become that counties nationality

I was born in Libya but am not Libyan. I'm English unfortunately born in Libya/
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

268 nights at sea

pete at cruisingmates dot co dot uk

1961 HMTS Dunera UK to CYPRUS 23 nights
1962 Cyprus to Isreal and Egypt 5 nights
1991 Carnival Jubilee L.A. / Mexico (Total Eclipse Cruise) 7 nights
1998 Carnival Fascination Caribbean (Total Eclipse Cruise) 7 nights
1999 Airtours Sundream W. Med 7 nights
2000:Airtours Sundream Baltic 15 nights
2005 MSC Opera E. Med 7 nights
2007 MSC Lirica W. Med 7 nights
2008 MSC Orchestra W. Med 7 nights
2009 MSC Orchestra Caribbean 7 nights
2009 RCI Serenade OTS (JS) Alaska 7 nights
2009 MSC Musica E. Med 7 nights
2010:RCI Explorer OTS (GS) Caribbean 9 nights
2010 MSC Splendida W. Med 7 nights
2011 NCL Norwegian Dawn (Penthouse Suite) W. Caribbean 5 nights Back to Back
2011 NCL Norwegian Dawn (Penthouse Suite) S. Caribbean 9 nights Back to Back
2011 P&O Azura Norway 7 nights
2011 RCI Grandeur OTS (GS) W. Med 7 nights
2012 MSC Splendida W. Med 7 nights
2012 RCI Splendour OTS (GS) Repo Brazil to Spain 13 nights
2012 RCI Splendour OTS (GS) E. Med 7 nights
2012 MSC Divina E. Med 7 nights (YC)
2013 MSC Opera UK to Lisbon and back 10 nights
2013 MSC Sinfonia W. Med 7 nights (Yippee!! BLACK CARD after this;;-- GOT IT NOW!!!!!!)
2014 MSC Opera UK to Souh Africa Grand voyage 21 nights
2014 MSC Sinfonia E. Med. 11 nights
2016 MSC Orchestra Caribbean 14 nights B2B with
2016 MSC Orchestra Trans Atlantic 14 nights
2016 MSC Splendida Repo UK to Italy 7 nights

BOOKED

2017 MSC Meraviglia Western Med (YC) 7 nights

2018 MSC Seaview Western Med 7 nights

2018 MSC Magnifica Repo 9 nights

4,328 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
There's bottled water provided in the cabin - usually 2 large bottles (1 sparkling, 1 still) on the desktop and 2 smaller ones - again, 1 of each - in the minibar. Unless you have a premium (deluxe) all-inclusive drinks package, they have a charge. Bear in mind that 15% is added to the listed price in the cabin.

As you have the Mealtime drinks package, you can ask your waiter in the MDR for water and you can bring that back to your room. Also, check out the lunch and dinner times in the buffet - you can use your package during the totality of those hours which would be more extensive than in the MDR. There is also water available 24/7 in the buffet (along with tea & coffee - juices only at breakfast).

The only tea/coffee making facilities in cabins onboard MSC ships are on Preziosa (this year) and Magnifica (from April next year) because of homeporting from Southampton and coffee makers in YC on Meraviglia. It's doubtful that there will be coffee pots provided in the cabins on Seaside except, perhaps YC cabins.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bea
'Would I could set sail upon the water'.

PREVIOUSLY ON:

MSC Magnifica Sept/Oct 2017

MSC Meraviglia June 2017 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Feb 2017
MSC Sinfonia Nov 2016 (b2b)
MSC Sinfonia Oct 2016
MSC Sinfonia Aug 2016
MSC Magnifica April 2016
Celebrity Millennium Jan 2016
MSC Divina Oct 2015 (TA)
MSC Divina Sep 2015 (YC)
MSC Preziosa Mar 2015 (TA)
MSC Fantasia Dec 2014
MSC Preziosa Aug 2014 (YC)
MSC Preziosa May 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2014
MSC Splendida Feb 2013
MSC Splendida Feb 2012 (YC)
MSC Fantasia Nov 2011
Carnival Sensation Sept 2000
99 Posts
Joined Mar 2016
Thank You Pete....you are a hoot!! Our Mix & Mingle should be a lot of fun meeting everyone!

Also, Thank You Bea....you are such a plethora of good information! I will certainly "stock up" in the buffet for our cabin with bottled water when needed
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Richard and Janine
2,785 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Are all of the bottles mineral and sparkling? What if folks just want to buy a package of regular bottled water? The only thing I see on MSC's site is mineral water...?
104 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Got off Divina in September - we had pre-purchased the Water Package - I believe it was 14 1 liter bottles for $37 - worked great - can pick up at any bar - I believe the web site refers to sparkling but simply ask for 'flat' when handing in a coupon. If you use the bottled water in the Cabin it is $3.50 or $4.50 (forget exactly what the tag said) - same thing as you would get with your coupon - so pre-purchasing it is the best way to go.