Suites - best time to book

Harry Peterson

Some very interesting views on suites in this forum, and I admit to enjoying one - but only at the right price.

They can be had at decent prices (I've had them) but I've never really worked out when's the best time to book, pricewise. I don't want the lottery of not knowing which suite - that's crucially important, given that they vary so much - so that rules out Saver and Early Saver fares.

Any thoughts on when Select Price is lowest? Is it when they first go on sale? Or around Black Friday? January? When there's a full moon?

Any advice gratefully received in order to seek out the next bargain suite!

Some very interesting views on suites in this forum, and I admit to enjoying one - but only at the right price.

They can be had at decent prices (I've had them) but I've never really worked out when's the best time to book, pricewise. I don't want the lottery of not knowing which suite - that's crucially important, given that they vary so much - so that rules out Saver and Early Saver fares.

Any thoughts on when Select Price is lowest? Is it when they first go on sale? Or around Black Friday? January? When there's a full moon?

Any advice gratefully received in order to seek out the next bargain suite!

In my experience it is the first day bookings open. In the past 5 years I have not seen a suite I have booked at a lower price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree with Dai. We always book on the first day. I know which suite I want and that way I get it. I too have never seen the grade of suite we've booked offered later at a lower price - often because they've already been booked. The only time you might see one is if someone cancels late on but even then it's never around for more than 24 hours before it's snapped up and the price has never been less, sometimes more.

We've booked a mini suite for Aurora's long trip next January and they went pretty quickly, along with the suites. When I did see a mini suite available the price of it was £7000 more in total than we paid when bookings opened in April 2016! People who want suites tend to book early and our agent has always come up trumps for us. Would never book through P&O, I want to know which cabin I'm having.

Like daiB and annieUK, we have booked suites when they are released and never seen them cheaper thereafter (Select price - wouldn’t book Saver etc as we want to guarantee a specific suite and not be allocated the leftovers as they are usually leftover for a reason)! Some say that they are often not much more than a balcony cabin if booked early enough. We have never found this to be the case. Full suites seem to be almost twice the price of a balcony cabin, whenever you book.

I agree with everyone else. We book on the first day. We book directly with P&O and have always got the cabin we wanted. Except for one occasion. I won't go into the reasons why it happened but I cancelled the cruise and got a refund of my deposit. Later in the year the suite I wanted became available and I booked it but it was more than £2000 the original price.

Clear advice, then - book as early as possible. Thanks. Have to say, though, that I've picked up some stunning bargain suites a lot later than that on occasion. Maybe cancellations, who knows, but a lot less than the opening price, Select, and named suite. Pure luck, doubtless, but it can and does happen.

Clear advice, then - book as early as possible. Thanks. Have to say, though, that I've picked up some stunning bargain suites a lot later than that on occasion. Maybe cancellations, who knows, but a lot less than the opening price, Select, and named suite. Pure luck, doubtless, but it can and does happen.

That means day 1. A year before the cruise is not early.

Sent from my iPad using Forums