Adding a drink package

Vacationdreamer<><

On our cruise in 2014, my friend and I added Soft Drinks and More to our booking before we left home. I now can't remember if we paid ahead of time, or if it was charged on board and paid off at the end. I have a $25 OBC I would like to apply, so I am thinking I will wait to add it until I board... but that means a slight delay in getting that first beverage. ;) But, if in fact I can order it ahead of time and have it charged to pay off at the end, it makes sense to add it now and start enjoying it without queuing anywhere on embarkation day.

On our cruise in 2014' date=' my friend and I added Soft Drinks and More to our booking before we left home. [b'] I now can't remember if we paid ahead of time, or if it was charged on board and paid off at the end.[/b] I have a $25 OBC I would like to apply, so I am thinking I will wait to add it until I board... but that means a slight delay in getting that first beverage. ;) But, if in fact I can order it ahead of time and have it charged to pay off at the end, it makes sense to add it now and start enjoying it without queuing anywhere on embarkation day.

You can pre-order in the cruise personlizer. and pay using your credit card. Pre- orders can not be charged to your on board account. You can go to any of the tables set up around the ship on boarding day or to any bar and order the package then. There is no waiting, no lines. The price is the same, $8.05/day.

Your $25 OBC will be a credit posted to your on board account. Anything you purchase on board plus the daily hotel charge (auto tip) will be added to the on board account, and you will have a running net balance. You don't specifically spend OBC.

You can pre-order in the cruise personlizer. and pay using your credit card. Pre- orders can not be charged to your on board account. You can go to any of the tables set up around the ship on boarding day or to any bar and order the package then. There is no waiting, no lines. The price is the same, $8.05/day.

Your $25 OBC will be a credit posted to your on board account. Anything you purchase on board plus the daily hotel charge (auto tip) will be added to the on board account, and you will have a running net balance. You don't specifically spend OBC.

Thank you!

So, since my OBC will only apply to whatever I spend once I’ve gotten on board it sounds like it’s best to wait til I embark. [emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are sailing on the Sun out of Sydney March 30, 2018 and our cruise personalizer is showing only $6.95 (US) per day for the Soda & More pkg. I also would like to use OBC, but not sure if the price will be more onboard. Anyone know if this price will be the same on board? (Pre-cruise we are paying in US dollars, but onboard purchases are in AU.)

On our cruise in 2014' date=' my friend and I added Soft Drinks and More to our booking before we left home. [b'] I now can't remember if we paid ahead of time, or if it was charged on board and paid off at the end.[/b] I have a $25 OBC I would like to apply, so I am thinking I will wait to add it until I board... but that means a slight delay in getting that first beverage. ;) But, if in fact I can order it ahead of time and have it charged to pay off at the end, it makes sense to add it now and start enjoying it without queuing anywhere on embarkation day.

Do not buy it ahead of time - there is zero reason. Someone will be selling you a drink package when you have a half of one foot onboard (not a criticism I drink a lot of liquids and appreciate the no effort required on my part)

Buy it ahead of time - price increases - just happened and we got the package at the old price, but still under the new terms.

Paid off pre-cruise - I've seen people at the pool bars getting rejected and having to go to guest services to see what was wrong and not being happy at all - why risk it?

Buy it ahead of time - price increases - just happened and we got the package at the old price, but still under the new terms.

Paid off pre-cruise - I've seen people at the pool bars getting rejected and having to go to guest services to see what was wrong and not being happy at all - why risk it?

Ok I will give you price increase as 1 reason but plenty of people have ordered stuff off the cruise personalizer and then had to prove/fight for it once they got onboard.

I have always bought the Soda Package when I order my first soda on board, at the lunch buffet on Horizon Deck. It takes a while for the server to come back with the charge slip, but I have been eating and enjoying my Coke in the meantime. My next cruise, I might be enjoying a mocktail instead, because they have eliminated the Soda Only Package, so I now will have to explore the mocktails.

Soda and More package? I don't believe there has been any change since they eliminated the Soda Only package about two+ years ago. At that time the price of the Soda and More package did not actually change.

There are many tables set up to push the soft drink package as well as the alcohol package. This includes entrance to the HC, lido deck near mid elevators, plaza deck etc. plus the bars. It is so easy to do just present your card and sign the slip.

One thing I have found is if you pay for something before boarding or Princess gives you something like the beverage package, always get a hard copy and bring it with you! While not often I have had to present the hard copy to prove what I was saying. The written document is still the best prof one can have. Don't leave home without it.