niew amsterdam disembarktation

tikilite

I am thinking of booking a 9:30 am flight from Fort Lauderdale ... is walk off express and option on HAL and do they offer ship to airport luggage express and if so, would Southwest or spirit airline be an option for this service? Thanks in advance for your replies :):)

Yes they offer an early walk off where you have to be able to take all your luggage off by yourself, with no assistance from the crew. That flight would be too early for the luggage direct option. A 9:30 flight is doable as long as there are no hold-ups, like late arrival of the ship, issues with the clearing of the ship, issues at the airport etc. I say doable, but I wouldn't take that chance. I would worry too much about not making that flight and it would make my cruise less enjoyable

That would be way, way too tight for my comfort. I believe that the earliest flight you can do Luggage Direct is 12:00, and you can't do it with express debarkation anyway. Know Before You Go says

For more information, or to sign up go to

maketraveleasier.com/Holland or call 1-877-847-0045 to speak

to one of our customer service representatives.

Edited by catl331

I would not want the stress of worrying about making the plane. That flight is too early.

Several times we have been finishing breakfast in the Pinnacle around 7:30 and saw the lines snaking all down the hallway and around to the other side of the ship for people wanting to disembark themselves.

The security lines can be very long at the airport. Our first flight usually leaves around 8 AM thus we have to stay overnight. When we have gotten to the airport at 6 AM the lines were already long.

Last January our disembarkation time was 8:00 am.We collected our luggage,went through Customs.

and got a Cab to the Airport.Checked our luggage went through TSA and were seated at our Departure Gate at 8:30 am.Our flight didn't leave until 12:30 pm.

On November 11th. we have a 10:45 am flight out of FLL,hope it goes as well as the last time:)

I am thinking of booking a 9:30 am flight from Fort Lauderdale ... is walk off express and option on HAL and do they offer ship to airport luggage express and if so, would Southwest or spirit airline be an option for this service? Thanks in advance for your replies :):)

Normally in Fort Lauderdale we are at the gate by 8-9 AM. HOWEVER, I would not be comfortable in booking a 9:30 AM flight, unless I knew I had a backup plan if I missed the flight. Just too many things can go wrong.

Agree with what many people are saying here, but last month I stepped off the Nieuw Amsterdam in San Diego at 830am for a 920am flight on Southwest, made it to the [super nearby] airport and was seated at the gate at 845am before boarding had even started. I believe FLL airport is very close to the cruise terminal as well.

Last week we got off the Veendam at 8:15am (we are 5 star so can get off any time). We have global entry which got us to the front of the line going through immigration/customs and there was no line for the luggage at Southwest and we have TSA precheck which had a short line and were at our gate by 9am. A lot depends on the number of ships in port. On this day we were the only ship. On a Sat/Sun you have 6 or 7 ships with 20,000 passengers. Because of that we opted not to do a 1045am flight after our Koningsdams cruise which returns to FLL on Sunday Feb 4.

Six or seven ships and 20,000 passengers? Want to increase that number a bit?
On Feb 4 it's actually about 19000. One of the 7 ships is the Siversea Silver Wind with just 300. The other 6 average 3200, with Eurodam, Westerdam, and Koningsdam bringing the average down. But with 19000 arriving there are also 19000 departing! Edited by catl331