Very late review of MSC Orchestra - 2016 - Mediterranean/Greek Cruise

tampagirl2

Again, sorry it's a very late review, but hopefully someone will find it helpful. Here's my review of our MSC Orchestra cruise with small children.

Ports: Venice, Bari, Katakolon/Olympia, Santorini, Pireus/Athens, Corfu, Kotor

https://tampamomtravels.blogspot.com/2016/05/msc-orchestra-venice-mediterraneangreek.html

Thank you for taking the time to do a review. We are on the Orchestra next April, and I eagerly look forward to reading and seeing pictures about the ship.

We'll be on Orchestra in December. It's a different itinerary to yours but I'll post some photos when we get back.

We'll be on Orchestra in December. It's a different itinerary to yours but I'll post some photos when we get back.

Thank you! I've been reading a lot of cruise critic lately as I have been planning this trip. Your suggestions to others have me a lot. I really appreciate your no drama, common sense attitude :D

Thank you! I've been reading a lot of cruise critic lately as I have been planning this trip. Your suggestions to others have me a lot. I really appreciate your no drama, common sense attitude :D

I'm very grateful for your lovely comments, Kathleen. :)

I find this forum a very valuable resource for up-to-the-minute information that even MSC reps don't usually have. It's very helpful to have a heads-up from other cruisers as to what to expect onboard. I try to do my bit to pay it back.

• 1 month later...

We're going on a Mediterranean cruise in March. We just saw a fantastic deal for a 7 day cruise to the Canary Islands that we'd like to do, Pryor to the Mediterranean one. Does anyone have suggestions for flights to Tenerife Canary Island? Originally we were going to fly round trip, St. Louis to Rome. But now that we're doing the island cruise we don't know. One way there is more than the rd trip to Rome. Suggestions?

A shame that you only saw Corfu town, Corfu has so much more to offer cruisers as long as it is not a short stop.

We were in Kotor in April on the Majestic Princess, Sun in the morning and rain in the afternoon, sailing out after the ship makes a left turn they played the Love boat theme on the ships horn, being in between the mountains the echo was great.

We sailed Orchestra from Venice to Dubai and really enjoyed the ship.

• 3 weeks later...
A shame that you only saw Corfu town, Corfu has so much more to offer cruisers as long as it is not a short stop.

We were in Kotor in April on the Majestic Princess, Sun in the morning and rain in the afternoon, sailing out after the ship makes a left turn they played the Love boat theme on the ships horn, being in between the mountains the echo was great.

We sailed Orchestra from Venice to Dubai and really enjoyed the ship.

I am on the orchestra in January and will be visiting Corfu may I ask what you would suggest to see and do?

Well, we have gone on 3 MSC cruises in Europe and have our 4th booked for next year. The price really is hard to beat. The cruises we have been on were pretty port intensive, so we mostly used the ship as a place to sleep and eat. I enjoyed the pizza, pasta, and carving stations in the buffet at lunch time and thought the food was quite good. The food for dinner in the MDR is okay. I only watched a few shows and thought they were okay, but my parents really enjoyed them.

I looked at a similar Royal Carribbean cruise for one of our trips and it was at least a $1000 more if not more. It just wasn't worth it to me.

I am on the orchestra in January and will be visiting Corfu may I ask what you would suggest to see and do?

We're on in December and I was about to pose the same question!

I've checked out the ports-of-call forum but there isn't much on it re Corfu.