MSC Orchestra Antilles and Trans-Atlantic B2B, Review of the first two weeks

Skier52

I have written a review of the first part of my 28 night cruise on MSC orchestra.

It can be found on the following link

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=11371&p=197440#p197440

Part two; the trans-Atlantic leg will be added in a few days

Pete

Edited by Skier52

So is the Asian restaurant the only a la carte restaurant? I thought I saw on MSC website something about a Four Seasons Italian restaurant? When we booked we received a free dinner at a la carte restaurant I believe. I'm not really a fan of Asian food, so was hoping for something else. Is there a pizza place?

Thanks again for the review!

Pete ... An interesting read so far having been to a few of the islands, in Grenada when we visited Fort George we had a guide who told us all about its history and showed us the building where workers were making and repairing uniforms for the police force, she also showed us a building where a guy was repairing and re soling shoes again for the police force.

Most of the shoes were from the UK and he was adding rubber soles to them because they were leather, the machinery he was using was over seventy years old but kept in excellent condition.

We also went to the spice market where one of the women traders said to us "if you are not going to buy my spices leave me your husband" we just burst out laughing.

If you go through the tunnel under the fort there is another bay on the other side where the town fire station is, there is a plaque on the wall telling people it was paid for by the UK.

Guadaloupe was very French as you have seen and we only found two people in the shops who could speak English and one of those was a Chemist.

Fairly sure the waiter on the right of your photo was on our Venice to Dubai cruise on the Orchestra.

Look forward to reading the second part.

Edited by sidari

So is the Asian restaurant the only a la carte restaurant? I thought I saw on MSC website something about a Four Seasons Italian restaurant? When we booked we received a free dinner at a la carte restaurant I believe. I'm not really a fan of Asian food, so was hoping for something else. Is there a pizza place?

Thanks again for the review!

The Asian restaurant "Shanghai" is the only a la carte on board.

There is a pizzeria as part of the buffet area and it is available 20/24 hrs. I think it shuts between 02:00 and 06:00.

Here's a daily planner page about eatery opening times

Orchestra%20diners%20001.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I've reread the planner and the buffet, or some part of it is open 20hr/24 not the pizza place though, that's open from 12:00 - 16:30 and 17:00 - 24:00, basically from lunch time until midnight with just a 30 min. break at 16:30 - 17:00.

Pete

The Asian restaurant "Shanghai" is the only a la carte on board.

There is a pizzeria as part of the buffet area and it is available 20/24 hrs. I think it shuts between 02:00 and 06:00.

Here's a daily planner page about eatery opening times

Orchestra%20diners%20001.jpg

Pete

Thank you so much!