Opera disembarks in Cozumel?

perditax

I'm on an NCL ship docked in Cozumel right now and noticed something I've never seen before: the MSC Opera is docked next to us, and there was a whole lot of luggage lined up on the dock next to it and more being unloaded while I watched, around 10am. I don't mean a few pieces, like 40-50 at least, and some are still down there, sitting on the concrete.

Does the Opera actually have cruises that end in Cozumel? If so, how do they handle customs etc?

The pool deck looks totally empty from my ship, but there are a few kids in the splash area. The deck 13 area with the black furniture is also empty. Can't quite figure out what's going on.

(There was an ambulance on the dock earlier too, something else I'd never seen before, but I'm not sure if it was for someone on our ship or the Opera.)

Yes, Opera was debarking and embarking passengers in Cozumel. EM

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/fromcozumelmexico-apr2017.html

Oh, interesting! I had no idea Cozumel was set up to process pax that way. It explains why I saw so many people with rolling suitcases on the main strip when I was walking downtown this morning. I couldn't figure out why they were on foot (instead of in a taxi to the airport or something). They must have been heading to embark. This was the Punta Langosta pier, if anyone's interested.