Ship changed from Armonia to Opera!!

panamapd

Hi there

I booked the Armonia earlier this year for May 2018. I logged-on to the personaliser as I need to added some information. I then noted that the ship had changed to the Opera! Are cruise lines allowed to do this?

I have been on both ships and much prefer the Armonia. Had I had know it was the Opera, I wouldn't have booked.

I know they are meant to be sister ships but isn't a change in the MSC contract. Should I be allowed to change to another booking or cancel and be refunded?

I am waiting to hear back from MSC UK!

This is the second time I've seen this mentioned on the site. I wonder what the reason is behind MSC changing the ship on the booking. Is the cabin in a similar position to the one you booked on Armonia?

I don't think I'd be too pleased if this happened to us. Please come back and report on MSC's response.

Hi there

I booked the Armonia earlier this year for May 2018. I logged-on to the personaliser as I need to added some information. I then noted that the ship had changed to the Opera! Are cruise lines allowed to do this?

I have been on both ships and much prefer the Armonia. Had I had know it was the Opera, I wouldn't have booked.

I know they are meant to be sister ships but isn't a change in the MSC contract. Should I be allowed to change to another booking or cancel and be refunded?

I am waiting to hear back from MSC UK!

Cruise lines can do whatever they want :rolleyes: . In USA we can cancel but I know in UK is different

- I will keep you updated!

- I hear you! I have only got a couple more bookings made through UK websites. After that, I have made bookings via other non UK web-routes. So FED up not just with MSC but other UK cruise sites that once you have paid an over-inflated deposit and generally a higher price, there is now way out!! Vent over!

You have every right to vent! It's so unfair that we in Ireland - and the UK - can't cancel and get deposit refunds in situations such as this.

I remember booking a cruise to the Black Sea which was changed to a cruise to the Canaries for no obvious or explained reason. This was before the trouble in Ukraine - there had been another cruise of the region with a call to Odessa scheduled just prior to our date - just ours was changed. We had booked for the itinerary and no way were we interested in the alternative. It took almost a year for our TA to get our deposits back from MSC.