Lunch in Tamarind on Nieuw Amsterdam?

AryMay

I believe old news. We didn't see any Tamarind lunches a few weeks ago on her. Tamarind staff worked on lido for breakfast & lunch, not sure I noticed any increase in service because of it. Not that lido service is lacking in the first place. It's unfortunate they don't use the space at lunch anymore. Seems like a waste of space.

I've read that a complimentary lunch is available in the Tamarind restaurant on the Nieuw Amsterdam. True? Or am I reading old news?

Umm, I think that is old news.

Lunch in the Tamarind has been discontinued for some time now. Only dinner is offered - surcharge - and well worth it IMO.

I wasn't thrilled with the lunch when it was offered but absolutely loved the dinner.

When we were on the Eurodam in 2016 -- October -- the Tamarind was not open for lunch after the first day. We were told that it would not be open any more for lunches.
Both Signature ships had stopped the Tamarind lunches by Jan 2016. Do you mean Oct 2015? I think lunches ended late Nov or early Dec 2015, but maybe it was Oct. Edited by catl331

Lunch in the Tamarind has been discontinued for some time now. Only dinner is offered - surcharge - and well worth it IMO.

I wasn't thrilled with the lunch when it was offered but absolutely loved the dinner.

I have to agree that the lunch was not nearly as great as dinner. Tamarind is our favorite specialty restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also did not care for the lunch at Tamarind. The first we tried it, the place was so mobbed and the chef has not prepared enough of either the dumplings or spring rolls -- we got 3 a piece. At that time they didn't even have the rice. DH went away hungry.

A couple of years later we gave it another try -- not much better.

Both Signature ships had stopped the Tamarind lunches by Jan 2016. Do you mean Oct 2015? I think lunches ended late Nov or early Dec 2015, but maybe it was Oct.

I sailed 39 days on the Nieuw Amsterdam, disembarking November 15, 2015. There were no lunches served in the Tamarind that entire cruise.

So, it was at least by October those lunches ended.