Bar stool seats at back of theater on Nieuw Amsterdam

Kayalene

Can anyone tell me what it is like to be seated on bar stools in the very back row of the theater on the main floor on the Nieuw Amsterdam? We are going on a theme cruise and have been assigned our seats for the nightly shows.

Can anyone tell me what it is like to be seated on bar stools in the very back row of the theater on the main floor on the Nieuw Amsterdam? We are going on a theme cruise and have been assigned our seats for the nightly shows.

The bar stools on the NA are located behind the black bar in the photo below and the stools have backs:

IMG_1113.jpg

The below photo was taken from the bar stools location. Note that there could be a pillar blocking your view of the entire stage:

IMG_0344.jpg

Here is a link to my photo review of the Nieuw Amsterdam to help get you oriented to the ship:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/photo-reviews/ms-nieuw-amsterdam-on-board-images/

The bar stools on the NA are located behind the black bar in the photo below and the stools have backs:

IMG_1113.jpg

The below photo was taken from the bar stools location. Note that there could be a pillar blocking your view of the entire stage:

IMG_0344.jpg

Here is a link to my photo review of the Nieuw Amsterdam to help get you oriented to the ship:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/photo-reviews/ms-nieuw-amsterdam-on-board-images/

Thank you for the information. Our seats are the farthest ones next to the wall.

Why are you being assigned seats?

Shouldn't it be first-come-first-seated like on regular cruises?

OP is on a theme cruise - they can do whatever they please!

These seats are not the best seats in the Showroom, but, I will use them if I arrive after a performance has started. I find them adequate and I do like having the counter in front of me to place my beverage. I find the "holes" in the other seats' armrests less than satisfactory, particularly for a glass of wine.

Since this is a theme cruise, they make the rules. Seats are assigned in order of when you book the cruise. This way you don't have to get there real early to get a seat. It prevents less congestion. This is our first time on this type of cruise and I booked late. I do like the fact that we will have a good place to set our cocktails and will be able to exit faster after the concert. I'm determined to look on the bright side. After all, we will be on a cruise!

We use these seats to check out shows without disturbing others, but if I had paid for a "Theme Cruise", being assigned there might bother me. I looked at one of the Blues Cruises on a HAL ship, and they assign cabins on a seniority basis. I want my king bed, which means a suite, and was told it might be 5-6 cruises before I had enough juice to get one. Maybe they assign seats the same way.

We use these seats to check out shows without disturbing others, but if I had paid for a "Theme Cruise", being assigned there might bother me. I looked at one of the Blues Cruises on a HAL ship, and they assign cabins on a seniority basis. I want my king bed, which means a suite, and was told it might be 5-6 cruises before I had enough juice to get one. Maybe they assign seats the same way.

The entire ship is chartered for the Country Music Cruise. Since seats are based on seniority (when you booked your cabin) and this is our first time, I can understand why we are at the back of the main floor. Also, I couldn't afford a suite. People who booked after us are in the balcony, some at the back of it. So it makes sense. If I keep going, I will get up closer. I'm just happy to be going and will enjoy the music! :D