Laundry Prices

pnccruisers

Hi! We'll be on the Golden Princess this coming week (we leave in 2 days...yoohoo:D!!). Does anyone happen to know what it costs per load for the washer and dryer? I'm assuming it's a cash system and not an on-board card thing.

Thanks!

On the Sapphire Princess, March 28, it was $1 to wash (front loader) and $1 to dry. They are generous with the drying time. I didn't have to add more money to get the clothes dry.

The machines use US quarters. They have vending machines for soap - didn't notice the price. (We brought our own in a a zip-lock). The laundry room also has irons and boards.

Thanks for the info!! I'll be bringing "supplies" from home as well. I found these new 3-in-1 sheets that have the detergent, fabric softener and anti-static all on one sheet. Hopefully I won't have a problem getting a machine, we're only bringing 1/2 a weeks clothes so my family will all be stinkin'!

Thanks for the info!! I'll be bringing "supplies" from home as well. I found these new 3-in-1 sheets that have the detergent, fabric softener and anti-static all on one sheet. Hopefully I won't have a problem getting a machine, we're only bringing 1/2 a weeks clothes so my family will all be stinkin'!

Who makes them and where did you get them? Sounds much better than packing powder.

We’d like to see Princess copy Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. For $20.00 they give you a laundry bag to stuff your socks, underwear and T-shirts into. While they do the washing, drying and folding we’re out enjoying our cruise. Well worth the money.

Hi! We'll be on the Golden Princess this coming week (we leave in 2 days...yoohoo:D!!). Does anyone happen to know what it costs per load for the washer and dryer? I'm assuming it's a cash system and not an on-board card thing.

Thanks!

Come join our roll call. :)

The 3:1 sheets are made by Purex/Henkel and seem to be based on a technology from Germany. They're available at Target in my area.

I *loathe* fabric softener, unfortunately. *sigh*

There are awesome little TSA-OK sachets of Liquid Tide at Wal-Mart, though, in the Travel-Size Toiletries section. I like to pretreat food stains, the bane of my shirts' cruising existence, so I'm thrilled to have a spillproof supply of liquid to go with whatever shipboard powder is available.

I'd love to send my knit shirts out, but they insist on dry-cleaning them rather than just washing and drying, no pressing. Total overkill for cotton polos - I'll burn my allotment of less-than-eco-friendly dry cleaning on things with a lining that absolutely *must* have it, like suit jackets.

We’d like to see Princess copy Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. For $20.00 they give you a laundry bag to stuff your socks, underwear and T-shirts into. While they do the washing, drying and folding we’re out enjoying our cruise. Well worth the money.

Princess does that on the longer cruises. On our Amazon b2b (two 14 night cruise) they offered $20 for all you could cram into a bag once on each leg.

OK - I'm going on the CB 9-Day from NY in 2 weeks and absolutely don't want to have to think about doing laundry. Even if they don't have the "$20 stuff the bag special", is there still an option to pay them whatever to do it for me anyway? It's not the cost as much as it is the time / interruption of my vacation that I want to avoid.

I have used the three in one sheets on my last four cruises. They work great. I can not buy them in my area but get them online from Washee's.com or something like that. They take up much less room than carrying soap, softner, and dryer sheets. It is very much like ordering the rum runners. Everything shipped within a day of ordering.

Chris

OK - I'm going on the CB 9-Day from NY in 2 weeks and absolutely don't want to have to think about doing laundry. Even if they don't have the "$20 stuff the bag special", is there still an option to pay them whatever to do it for me anyway? It's not the cost as much as it is the time / interruption of my vacation that I want to avoid.

Yes, you can send out laundry and pay by the piece.

Princess does that on the longer cruises. On our Amazon b2b (two 14 night cruise) they offered $20 for all you could cram into a bag once on each leg.

That’s good to know. We’ll be sailing on the Grand Princess 26 March 2009. The Cruise is the 14 Night Caribbean Collection Cruise. Not a B2B Cruise. Princess didn’t offer the service on our 10 Night Dawn Princess Cruise.

Just a heads-up on the coin slot on the washer and dryer- two coins go in each slot, but they go in side-by-side, so be careful because it can be a little confusing. Go to the Purser's Desk and get a $10.00 roll of quarters because you will probably need almost all of that for your trip!! Happy sailing!!;)

Just FYI. Unless you really dirty your clothes use half as much detergent as recommended in those little washers and half a dryer sheet in the dryer. Be sure to check the lint filter in the dryer. The last person to use the dryer should have cleaned it, but... :rolleyes:.

The least busy time to wash is during a port day if you get back early from a tour or shopping (or leave the ship late). The busiest time is Formal Night or most evenings.

Do read the directions on the machines. They're very different from your home (or even laundromat) machines. You might find yourself starting the dryer when you meant to start the washer (been there :D!).

In our experience the "$20.00 all you can stuff in the bag" is only offered on 10 day or longer cruises. Your mileage may vary.

The permanent press setting is usually good for everything you wash. There's no such thing as "cold water" in a ship's washer. If something must be washed in cold water be prepared to wash it in your sink (or like me, leave it at home!).

The laundry rooms are very small. Unless you really think someone will steal your laundry, check the time when you start it and go do something else for 30 or 40 minutes.

We've been able to wash and dry 3 loads in about an hour and 15 minutes when things weren't busy.

In our experience the "$20.00 all you can stuff in the bag" is only offered on 10 day or longer cruises. Your mileage may vary.

That's been my experience as well --- but surprisingly to me, on our December 10 day on the Emerald, they had two different days that offer was valid. Previously we'd only seen it once per cruise.

Archived