Brooklyn cruise terminal

jucaha

can anyone tell me about picking up passengers off princess ships at the Brooklyn cruise terminal? Is there good signage/directions? Can we pull right up to terminal? Do you know what would be a good time to pick them up (to avoid airport transfer traffic).

Thank you for any all advice

You can pull up to the terminal. Watch for signs, there are separate lines for dropoff, pickup, and buses.

Here is a picture I took from on deck. You can see the terminal on the left, then drop off lane, pickup lane, and bus lane.

Regal07.jpg.ea23f1049991bb6ea2381d97e96e702f.jpg

can anyone tell me about picking up passengers off princess ships at the Brooklyn cruise terminal? Is there good signage/directions?

Are you asking about good signage for getting to the Red Hook pier area itself? If so, the answer is no. Figure out your route to the cruise terminal in advance.

Are you asking about good signage for getting to the Red Hook pier area itself? If so, the answer is no. Figure out your route to the cruise terminal in advance.

Comments have also been made about issues with relying exclusively on navigation devices.

OP - where will you be coming from and what day of the week would you be doing this? If you provide this info, the New Yorkers who know this area can suggest specific strategies.

I wish NCL would enter a partnership with Carnival corporation to use this terminal because the Manhattan terminal they use is just simply awful. This would give us a better alternative to RCI and Cape Liberty. I don't want to sail from that Manhattan terminal again so it's RCI and Cape Liberty most of the time if not all.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I wish NCL would enter a partnership with Carnival corporation to use this terminal because the Manhattan terminal they use is just simply awful. This would give us a better alternative to RCI and Cape Liberty. I don't want to sail from that Manhattan terminal again so it's RCI and Cape Liberty most of the time if not all.

They can't. NCL needs a dedicated terminal because they have two ships sailing from NY year round. There would be too many times when Cunard or Princess would be using the Brooklyn terminal, which has only one pier . The logistics would be impossible, requiring NCL to have numerous sailings that would have to embark in Manhattan and disembark in Brooklyn or vice versa, and they can't do that.

Carnival itself doesn't use Brooklyn despite Carnival Corp. holding the rights to use Brooklyn, for the same reason, and they don't even cruise year round from NY. All their ships sail from Manhattan.

They can't. NCL needs a dedicated terminal because they have two ships sailing from NY year round. There would be too many times when Cunard or Princess would be using the Brooklyn terminal, which has only one pier . The logistics would be impossible, requiring NCL to have numerous sailings that would have to embark in Manhattan and disembark in Brooklyn or vice versa, and they can't do that.
Yeah I figured that. Either way they need to get out of that too small, too old and congested terminal in Manhattan. That's just my opinion. Just a pain to get into.

Yeah I figured that. Either way they need to get out of that too small, too old and congested terminal in Manhattan. That's just my opinion. Just a pain to get into. Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

JamesCC

I do agree with you about the experience of Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

We have experienced Manhattan many times in the past with Cunard and HAL and were not thrilled.

Though we never as of yet used Cape Liberty, not too thrilled from those friends telling us of their use age.

Using BCT for Cunard - QM2 ongoingly now, we very much like the setup and accessibility living only 12 minutes in Brooklyn to BCT.

Yes, Cunard and Princess are the dedicated lines to BCT. If you would like to use BCT, try a Cunard or Princess ship..

JamesCC

I do agree with you about the experience of Manhattan Cruise Terminal.

We have experienced Manhattan many times in the past with Cunard and HAL and were not thrilled.

Though we never as of yet used Cape Liberty, not too thrilled from those friends telling us of their use age.

Using BCT for Cunard - QM2 ongoingly now, we very much like the setup and accessibility living only 12 minutes in Brooklyn to BCT.

Yes, Cunard and Princess are the dedicated lines to BCT. If you would like to use BCT, try a Cunard or Princess ship..

Cape Liberty is amazing. We were on Anthem in 15-20 minutes. Painless and easy. Love sailing from there.

Cape Liberty is amazing. We were on Anthem in 15-20 minutes. Painless and easy. Love sailing from there.

Congratulations as a lucky one.

Neighbor familiar with Cape Liberty went on Anthem in July took about 3/4 hours.

Depends on line. At BCT with Cunard in Diamond/Grill Lvl boards one can board in less than 10 minute. If delay, a Grill Lounge is there to accommodate your needs till boarding.

BCT also in one building with Gangway to ship compared to Cape Liberty spread out on the their pier to get to ship side.

Each company has their own IT system to handle boarding with Status Level.

Each passenger appreciates their lines systems..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app