LaGuardia to Brooklyn Hilton...Cab?

Blue and Green

We are flying in to LaGuardia, headed to Brooklyn Hilton. From what I've read on the boards, it sounds like the easiest way is to take a taxi since using a car service would require an extra step in taking an airport shuttle to ground transportation. Is that still correct? We usually prefer a car service, but traveling with a wheelchair so I would like to avoid any extra steps that involve me trying to manage suitcases and spouse in the wheelchair on my own.

Thanks!

Thank you for the info, but spouse can transfer so we usually just throw the collapsible chair in the trunk.

At most airports, we find a car service will meet us at baggage claim, help wheel the chair and/or the luggage outside to the waiting car. However, my understanding is that LaGuardia is different, requiring passengers to make their way to an airport shuttle which will then take them to a different car lot for booked car services. That's an extra step I would like to avoid. Do you know if taxi's are available upon exiting baggage claim?

OP, if you tell us which airline you are flying into LGA, and travel date(s), we can be even more specific in our suggestions/recommendations, as the airport is in the middle of a major multi-year expansion & reconstruction project.

LGA does have red cap services, limited, but available - look for them in red jacket - as you deplane & step inside the terminal, you might want to use one of courtesy phone to request skycap help ... seen them in the arrival/luggage carousal area when we landed coming into LGA, worth tipping for services instead of trying to do it all.

Terminal B, known to many as the main/central terminal - used by American, JetBlue, Air Canada, etc. - like T-C and T-D occupied mainly by Delta & its partner carriers, and the more remote Marine Air Terminal - all have taxi stands outside arrival. T-B also has designated pickup area for car services, and Carmel car service/limo confirmed that they are in that area - thus, skipping the need to board a free shuttle bus to a remote pickup/staging area to wait for your booked ride or to get picked up.

Skycap will help you transfer/move the luggage to this area while you call/reconfirm with the car service & wait for the driver - during the short walk.

If your flight will be using T-C or D or MAT, then - the shuttle transfer with the extra steps are - currently - required. Please kindly check the official LGA airport website online, run by the PANYNJ, to confirm the latest & current arrangements in effect for your travel dates - procedural changes are announced in advance to help travelers to make & adjust plans accordingly.

Your taxi ride to the Brooklyn hotel will be a metered fare, subject to a 4 PM to 8 PM peak travel surcharge, but no tolls - traffic typically heavy but moving, bumper-to-bumper can be expected. If you can use Carmel, it will be a confirmed, flat-rate to the hotel as quoted.