Bermuda cruise out of Cape Liberty, need advice

Leafwinnie

We're taking the RC 11/3 cruise out of Cape Liberty port. There're 3 of us, me and my parents (seniors). We've all been to New York before, this time we're going to spend at least one leisurely day there on Friday. We want to take a stroll in Central Park, hopefully to catch a glimpse of fall foliage (if there's any left?). The rest of the attractions are on a if-time-permits basis.

We plan to fly into Newark on Thursday. I researched this board extensively and came up with 2 plans:

1. Stay at a EWR hotel near Newark penn station, take public transportation to New York on Friday. Book transfer to port from hotel on Saturday.

2. Book early morning flight, book taxi or Dial 7 to New York, stay 2 nights, book taxi or Dial 7 for transfer to port on Saturday.

Which is a better option, logistic wise? Is transfer between NJ and New York convenient with 2 seniors? Thanks for your input :D

1. Stay at a EWR hotel near Newark penn station, take public transportation to New York on Friday. Book transfer to port from hotel on Saturday.

2. Book early morning flight, book taxi or Dial 7 to New York, stay 2 nights, book taxi or Dial 7 for transfer to port on Saturday.

Which is a better option, logistic wise? Is transfer between NJ and New York convenient with 2 seniors? Thanks for your input :D

I take NJ transit to Newark train station then transfer to the Penn Station line. It requires me to walk down a flight of stairs, cross the station (not long), then walk up another flight of stairs. If seriously considering this, call and ask about handicapped access... i haven't found it!

Call hotel and ask about bus vs train public transportation before commuting to NYC

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

We're taking the RC 11/3 cruise out of Cape Liberty port. There're 3 of us, me and my parents (seniors). We've all been to New York before, this time we're going to spend at least one leisurely day there on Friday. We want to take a stroll in Central Park, hopefully to catch a glimpse of fall foliage (if there's any left?). The rest of the attractions are on a if-time-permits basis.

We plan to fly into Newark on Thursday. I researched this board extensively and came up with 2 plans:

It's all going to depend on your hotel budget. What are you willing to spend on a hotel room? What are your bed size requirements - 2 doubles, 2 Queens, or a king and a sofabed?

Jersey City could also be an option for you. The Courtyard which is next to the Newport Path station is running about $230 for 2 Queens. Path is $2.75/pp and is accessible. Newark is fine, but 2 Queens is a problem.

It's all going to depend on your hotel budget. What are you willing to spend on a hotel room? What are your bed size requirements - 2 doubles, 2 Queens, or a king and a sofabed?

Jersey City could also be an option for you. The Courtyard which is next to the Newport Path station is running about $230 for 2 Queens. Path is $2.75/pp and is accessible. Newark is fine, but 2 Queens is a problem.

Thanks for the recommendation, price in the $200ish range is ok, will check it out, 2 Queens or King with sofabed will work, but 2 doubles would probably mean 2 bad nights of sleep :')

Thanks for the recommendation, price in the $200ish range is ok, will check it out, 2 Queens or King with sofabed will work, but 2 doubles would probably mean 2 bad nights of sleep :')

Look at the Courtyard and the Doubletree in Jersey City. It's a 2 block walk from the Doubletree to PATH whereas the Courtyard is right at the PATH station. https://www.panynj.gov/path/maps-schedules.html

You will pay an extra car service/taxi/Uber fare to Jersey City, but it's an excellent compromise between staying in Newark and staying in Manhattan. Hudson Bergen Light rail to Bayonne plus cab/Uber into the port is also an option, but probably not significantly cheaper than direct Uber to the port with 3 people. More details can be provided.