Viva La Vista Detailed Review April 15-21-2018 Photos, Funtimes,Menus, and More

Lastly, my room Stewart was Made. He introduced himself to us on the 1st day. He asked if we wanted service twice and day. I declined and asked for service in the morning only. The room was cleaned daily and he wrote a cute birthday message to Langston on this mirror the morning of this birthday. One the last evening I called housekeeping and asked that they send Made right away. He arrived to the door nervous that something was wrong. I handed him a tank you card with a crisp $100.00 bill in it. He was so thankful. I was glad he was able to see the fruit of this labor, beyond the standard gratuities. Speaking of which there was a LOOOOOOOOg line at the customer service desk towards the end of the cruise once the gratuities were added to each account. People waited till the very end to settle their accounts many were demanding that the gratuities be removed. Service is service. Someone came into your room and cleaned your nasty toilet for 6 days and that alone is not worth $12.95? Anyhow to each his own.

I am going to pause for a break. I will come back in a day or so to add all the fun times. I hope you enjoyed my 1st review. Please excuse all the typos as I was using voice type. Unfortunately, I am unable to go back and edit anything. I promise the next review will be much better.

• Thanks 1

Question on Grand Cayman Bus. Did you have to pay everytime you hopped on or off or is it for the route? Thinking of taking taxi to turtle, Hell and back. Thx.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Yes, we had to pay each time we got on. It was only $2.50 USD per person each way. The drivers have USD change of needed.

What a wonderful review!!! It seems your family is just precious! This is the first I am hearing about picking the seasoning for your steak at the steakhouse. I can’t wait for that! I am also happy to see your food review of the BBQ. I am a true southern girl myself with a husband and brother-in-law that cook award winning competition BBQ. For that reason, I don’t eat BBQ our very much. It never lives up. However, I have heard how good the BBQ is on the ship (until this review). Now, I think I will skip that and head to JiJi’s on embarkation day lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please try it and let us know what you think!!!

I am loving your review. Do you write for a living. I feel we are with you. A beautiful family

I am a Human Resources Coordinator. I have always dreamed of being a writer. In fact my son is named after my favorite author Langston Hughes. Perhaps I'll cultivate my craft someday.

Someone once said to me, " If you buy a canoe, paint it black because it won't tip". The disgust for this mentality burned into my soul. I always tip above and beyond. I never wanted to be viewed as an ungrateful canoe. My 15 year old son also tips his barber and his Uber or Lyft driver without being told to do so.

I’m so sorry someone said that to you. That actually brought tears to my eyes! I feel like I know you and your precious family this far into your review... And enough with the few self-deprecating remarks. You, my dear, are STUNNING!!! And you have beautiful, respectful, well-mannered children. Boom! You win!!!! Thank you for the review. It’s a joy to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for sharing this awesome review! I know it is a ton of work to write it all up and post so many photos, but it is so fun for those of us counting down the days until we can board! So thank you so much for taking the time.

Just wanted to say that I thought you looked absolutely gorgeous in your formal dress. You and your kids are just adorable! Also, their names? KILLING IT. They are so badass! Every time I saw them I wanted to pull up some jazz or read some poetry. You are clearly doing an amazing job!

My goal was to try all of the specialty restaurants.However we never made it to the Italian restaurant which was located right across from Jiji’s.

On the evening of our last sea day I decided to check out the Sea Food Shack which is located at the back of the ship near the aft pool. It’s kinda tucked away in a corner and easy to miss. Langston decided to watch a movie under the stars somewhere on the lido deck. I ordered 1lb of garlic shrimp, 1lb of cajun shrimp, and 2lbs of snow crablegs both were sold at “Market Price” my total was $64.00. Ellington and I then trekked through the buffet to the lido deck to look for Langston.

Since I walked out of the buffet area several people saw my two plates of sea food at rushed to the buffet assuming that was where I’d gotten the seafood.

I finally found him having walked all over the lido deck with these huge plates. We sat on the top deck watching a movie under the stars and enjoying our last meal at sea.

20180419_190642_Burst01-S.jpg20180419_190727-S.jpg

20180419_195111-S.jpg

20180419_195132-S.jpg

Awesome review and great pictures. Your family is very photogenic (and no you don't look like cotton candy):p. :)

if we needed to jump out of the taxi we needed to be mindful to tuck and roll
omg, I seriously lol at this one. Your son is hilarious. :D

Fabulous review. I am on the ship right now and loving it. I actually love the BBQ but I usually hate BBQ so maybe that says something about it. I'm going to the blue hole tomorrow and also river tubing. I am NOT looking forward to it but the kids talked me into it. I'm not a Daredevil by any means so wish me luck!

Thank you for your review. We are sailing on the Vista out of Galveston at the end of September. Your son reminds me of how our daughter was when we cruised with her as a teen. Stuck to my side the whole cruise.