Carnival Sensation

Sch2ofowler

Anyone recently sail on the Sensation ? It was first ship I sailed on with Carnival, 17 years ago. Is it in good shape? I'm sure they have overhauled. They have itinerary we haven't done yet . Any help will he appreciated, 2 teenagers and 2 adults going.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We were on it last July. It looked updated from our previous sailing years back. Everything was fabulous and the cruise Director Mike was phenomenal. I had never understood how people lived the cruise director. Mike was everywhere. We had a blast!

Anyone recently sail on the Sensation ? It was first ship I sailed on with Carnival, 17 years ago. Is it in good shape? I'm sure they have overhauled. They have itinerary we haven't done yet . Any help will he appreciated, 2 teenagers and 2 adults going.

It's an old beat up clunker.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on her in January. My dad's first cruise and he loved it. She is in something close to the original condition as in they keep her trucking along but the décor is going to be pretty similar to what you remember which places her firmly in the 90s. Someone commented on my review thread that in the Touch of Class piano bar, the stools were a big hand you sat on, which is now replaced with just regular stools. They were in the process of slightly toning down the carpet in the stairwells throughout while we were aboard. But otherwise I would say the overhauls have been more maintenance and less total overhaul. They have added fleetwide features Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina, Alchemy Bar. My 12 year old was happy with Circle C.

If you have more specific questions I am happy to try to help if I can.

We sailed on the Sensation in October 2017 for our Honeymoon. It was a great ship. Our only complaint was that we had plumbing issues for the first two days in our cabin. The shower drain would back up, and water would come out the drain in the bathroom floor (as well as the shower drain) and flood the bathroom each time we would shower, within seconds of turning on the water. By the third day of the cruise, they finally fixed it.