AARP points? Best way to earn

SallyPilot

I am looking to purchase the AARP gift cards to pay for my cruise as well as tips and cheers. Needless to say, I will need about $3000 in gift cards. I have earned 13,000 points on AARP but still have a ways to go. What is the quickest/best way to earn the most points?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am looking to purchase the AARP gift cards to pay for my cruise as well as tips and cheers. Needless to say, I will need about $3000 in gift cards. I have earned 13,000 points on AARP but still have a ways to go. What is the quickest/best way to earn the most points?

How have you been earning points so far? I'm guessing you are answering the quizzes, but with 13,000 points (almost 1/2 way!) you have many quizzes left to do. Are you entering the promo-codes included in some of the emails from AARP? Are you using their "calculators"? Have you joined AARP to increase the number of points you can earn with each quiz? Are you in a position to divide and conquer. Because I've done most of the one-time quizzes and once a year quizzes, I'm going to have my husband and daughter sign up and start earning points.

Last year, when I needed $3,000 in gift cards (30,000 points), I just answered quizzes, did the calculator activities and applied the promo codes. I didn't join up or buy anything from the catalog or apply for their credit card. I think it took me a couple weeks to reach 30,000.

I made my child take quizes to get enough points to pay his fare.

Way to go! I can see how that would work. If your child is a 3rd or 4th passenger, and you are buying even just $2,000 in gift cards, the savings easily covers the child's fare.

How have you been earning points so far? I'm guessing you are answering the quizzes, but with 13,000 points (almost 1/2 way!) you have many quizzes left to do. Are you entering the promo-codes included in some of the emails from AARP? Are you using their "calculators"? Have you joined AARP to increase the number of points you can earn with each quiz? Are you in a position to divide and conquer. Because I've done most of the one-time quizzes and once a year quizzes, I'm going to have my husband and daughter sign up and start earning points.

Last year, when I needed $3,000 in gift cards (30,000 points), I just answered quizzes, did the calculator activities and applied the promo codes. I didn't join up or buy anything from the catalog or apply for their credit card. I think it took me a couple weeks to reach 30,000.

I haven’t gotten any promo codes from AARP yet, but I just signed up and started today. I did not think about signing up my husband and letting him earn some too. Great idea! I am almost quizzed out. I earned a lot of points by signing up for newsletters but I’ve signed up for all of those so I’m back to quizzes now.

Good question! I see some auctions that take hundreds of thousands of points. How does anyone accumulate 700,000 points on a single account? I've taken every single quiz for a few months now, done all the one time and yearly ones, etc. I was able to earn plenty of points to buy the gift cards I needed, but not nearly in the range of some of those auctions. How do you get those kind of points?

I spend a few minutes every so often going through the quizzes. I honestly do not even read them, I select the last answer and hit next until its done.

Every once in a while, the "Im Not a Robot" icon pops up and its one more click to do, but worth it in the end.

This plus the Allstate Drivewise, I have saved a boatload of money on cruises.

We just signed up for AARP, what are these points that everyones talking about?

Kathy

It is a program called AARP rewards for good. You can earn points and then redeem them for discounted gift cards. If you Google it, you should be able to find all the information.

Don’t forget to sign up for all the pubs. You can get thousands of points for that. Then unsubscribe. Then resubscribe and you get the point ta again. I only did that once but it worked. And you get double points if you are an AARP member.

It is a program called AARP rewards for good. You can earn points and then redeem them for discounted gift cards. If you Google it, you should be able to find all the information.

Thanks for the information. I have been an AARP member for a couple of years and did not know about the rewards program. I earned double points for being a member. I took a few quizes and earned enough points to buy a Carnival gift card.

It appears you can only earn 5000 points per day. By signing up for email newsletters you can easily earn >1000 points ...per newsletter. When I called. I was told you can earn more or faster if you become a paid member approx $12, depending on which membership you choose.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-2&name=jsvarp&date=12-8-2018&text=&ship=Carnival%20Breeze

I pay the $12 a year. If you stay at a hotel even once with an AARP rate, you will easily recoup that cost. I save probably at least $100 a year using the AARP rate at hotels. Sometimes hundreds depending on how many small family trips we take.

Maybe a silly question here.

I just read this thread, went over to AARP, signed up and started earning points ==great.

If I am seeing this correctly, the points enable you to buy a gift card at a slightly less price, like a $100 gift card for $90 plus the 1000 points.

Is THAT the program or am I missing something along the way?

Cheers

Len

Maybe a silly question here.

I just read this thread, went over to AARP, signed up and started earning points ==great.

If I am seeing this correctly, the points enable you to buy a gift card at a slightly less price, like a $100 gift card for $90 plus the 1000 points.

Is THAT the program or am I missing something along the way?

Cheers

Len

Yes that is the program.

You get points everyday that you simply sign in to your account. Not many but it adds up. Thanks for the suggestion to sign up for the news letters. Didn't know about that one!! I just bought 4 e-mailed gift cards and went right to my cruise manager on Carnival and bought cruise cash. Love saving the 10% and it really adds up. Actually, it helps to keep me coming back to Carnival.

Thanks for the replies.

I see it also has a saving on RCCL. Is there ever any other cruise lines that are offered or just these two.

Ourselves, we sail any cruise line that gives us the best deal so I was just curious.

Cheers

Len