RCI Crystal Blocks

Just curious - under the old C&A cruise credit system, RCI would give you a crystal block of the ship you were on when you reached a certain number of credits. Are they still doing this under the new system, and what's the criteria? Thanks for any info.

Cruisincha

Just curious - under the old C&A cruise credit system, RCI would give you a crystal block of the ship you were on when you reached a certain number of credits. Are they still doing this under the new system, and what's the criteria? Thanks for any info.

Cruisincha

Yes. At 140 points, and every 70 thereafter.:)

4 A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter.

good idea to call C&A just prior to your cruise and advise them you are eligible for the crystal block so they have it available for you on the ship. we did this. on the ship we went to the loyalty ambassador to retrive it.

I hit 40 on the Majesty in Dec (under the old system) and should have qualified for a block, as it used to be every ten. But, I already have a Majesty, so didn't push it. It took over a year to get the one for #30!! My cruise this Dec on the Jewel will put me over 300, and was curious if it would be worth a trip to the LA to inquire. Thanks for the info.

Cruisincha

I hit 40 on the Majesty in Dec (under the old system) and should have qualified for a block, as it used to be every ten. But, I already have a Majesty, so didn't push it. It took over a year to get the one for #30!! My cruise this Dec on the Jewel will put me over 300, and was curious if it would be worth a trip to the LA to inquire. Thanks for the info.

Cruisincha

Call C&A and have them send you the one for 40, you earned it.

As for hitting 300 in December, 280 would be the magic number there. If you hit that # on the cruise, you should get a block.

Last year we were on a B2B on Liberty, first leg was number 20, so we stopped in the Diamond lounge and asked, and we got one. Second leg, now 21, we received another one.

When packing to go home, I put one in my checked luggage and the other in my carry on. Those little suckers are heavy. Went to check the luggage, and it was just a little over 50 pounds. They let it go without charging me. When I got to security, “Is this your bag?” . Well as he dug through my bag, he found the crystal. I told him where I got it, he just laughed. I’m sure they see a lot of these in FLL.

• 1 month later...

The crystal blocks depicting the various ships are given when you have reached a certain number of credits. As follows: #1 is given after 20 cruises (new system 140 credits) #2 and everyone thereafter is given every 10 cruises (new system every 70 points) So, you would receive your second block at 210 points and your third at 280 etc. They are generally given at the captains party for past cruisers by the loyalty ambassador.

And don't forget suites count double.

Do you need to ask for them in order to get it? I am at 192 credits under the new system and have never received one.

Lisa

If you're on a milestone cruise, I think it's a good idea to seek out the Loyalty Ambassador early in the cruise and mention that you should be getting a crystal block.

We hit 140 on a recent Med Cruise. I asked the LA about it on the last night since we had received nothing, and was told that we did not have enough credits. They did not show us in a JS for this cruise. So...it appeared about midnight and now it is home. We just received 1 instead of 2, but at that weight, didn't really need 2.

We didn't recieve the crystal block on our cruise, but I emailed Crown and Anchor (from the website) and they shipped ours to us at home. We were on the Freedom for our 140th point, and that's the ship they sent.:) We drive to ports, but it's kind of a nice alternative to those of you who fly. . . they are heavy!

The crystal blocks depicting the various ships are given when you have reached a certain number of credits. As follows: #1 is given after 20 cruises (new system 140 credits) #2 and everyone thereafter is given every 10 cruises (new system every 70 points) So, you would receive your second block at 210 points and your third at 280 etc. They are generally given at the captains party for past cruisers by the loyalty ambassador.

And don't forget suites count double.

Not all Loyalty Ambassador's handle the awarding of the crystal block the same way. You may receive it at the Captain's Party or it may be delivered to your stateroom. Or, they may forget all together and you will have to call C&A when you get home and have it sent to you.:(

Do you need to ask for them in order to get it? I am at 192 credits under the new system and have never received one.

Lisa

Under the old system, you needed 30 credits to get a block. So if you passed the 140 nights mark before the conversion, you can't get one retroactively.

It should be automatic that you get one when you're eligible, but as Patti said, it doesn't always work out that way. We have made a point of going by the LA's desk when it's not crowded and introducing ourselves as greedy brats who want to make sure that we get all of our goodies.:p

We hit 140 on a recent Med Cruise. I asked the LA about it on the last night since we had received nothing, and was told that we did not have enough credits. They did not show us in a JS for this cruise. So...it appeared about midnight and now it is home. We just received 1 instead of 2, but at that weight, didn't really need 2.

You only get one per couple (C&A household?). I have quite a few more credits than DH, but we get our block at my milestones. We were successful in getting one for him on his 70th by sweet talking the LA, but that was a long time ago and I don't know if we could do that again (I did mention greedy brats, didn't I?). I don't know if they could even access his actual number of sailings from the ship.

We were advised by TSA to put our crystal block on the belt with your keys, change, etc. in the little bowl or the Rubbermaid type tub that goes thru the x-ray. It makes the whole process easier for everyone.

Rick and Deirdra

Excellent advice. I had two, had one in checked bag, and almost had to pay for an overweight checked bag, but they let it go, and the other in the carryon and they had to inspect the bag. This was at FLL, so he knew what it was as soon as he saw it.

OOPs, did not realize I had already posted this.

I got passed over for my first block during the points conversion as many others did. I was at 19 credits which was 1 credit short for my first block at 20 credits. The conversion put me at 146 points which is 6 points over the 140 points for a block. I now have to wait until 210 points for my first one, unless they change the point system again.

After reading about the crystal "milestone recognition" here on these boards, I e-mailed C&A about it. DH & I have been on 23 RCI cruises and after a 7-nt.cruise in November, we'll be 1 measly point away from Diamond+. However, we'd never heard about a crystal block. Here's their response...just one more way to endear a loyal customer!

"Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. You

will be eligible to receive your first crystal block for the cruise upon which

you earn your 210th cruise point. You may have noticed that the current list of

Crown & Anchor Society member benefits mentions that you are eligible for your

first milestone gift when you have reached 140 cruise points; this would have

been equivalent to 20 cruise credits in the past. You earned your 20th cruise

credit after sailing on the Rhapsody of the Seas, June 3, 2007. The benefit of

receiving a crystal block beginning at 20 cruise credits, now 140 cruise points,

was not offered until June 1, 2010. We look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon."

Perhaps my parents were just lucky. They were just about to 20 cruises then got jumped in the conversion. My dad emailed C&A noted he missed the opportunity, but as what would have been his 20th qualifying cruise was on Oasis, he'd be appreciative of a block if that were at all possible ... a few weeks later, he had an Oasis block (which was, believe it or not, the same size as my Majesty one that took about 9 months to get after-the-fact ;)).

Perhaps my parents were just lucky. They were just about to 20 cruises then got jumped in the conversion. My dad emailed C&A noted he missed the opportunity, but as what would have been his 20th qualifying cruise was on Oasis, he'd be appreciative of a block if that were at all possible ... a few weeks later, he had an Oasis block (which was, believe it or not, the same size as my Majesty one that took about 9 months to get after-the-fact ;)).

Same thing here. We got lost in the conversion process as well and I didn't even realize it until I read one of these threads and called them up and had it within a couple of weeks.

Archived