Shopping Maps - Eastern Caribbean

I think I remember that when you attend the shopping discussions on board or maybe right as you are exiting the ship that there are maps handed out to tell you some of the best places to shop. Does anyone have copies of these maps from Nassau, Charlotte Amalie St. Thomas and Phillipsburg St. Maarten that they could scan in and attach?

Thanks! :D

.....on the maps handed out by the cruise lines are the places that the cruise line has pre-arranged to receive a hefty commission for sending you there.

They also don't tell you that the stores onboard the ship in the shopping arcade are owned by an off-shore division of the LVMH group, and that most of the large stores on the islands are also owned by that same company, which pretty much makes sure that the cruise passenger's shopping needs and patterns are controlled and dominated by that one company .......

Therefore, please be very, very careful if you are planning hard-core shopping anything beyond purchasing a few souvenirs to pass your time.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

Do your research before you cruise, especially if you are looking for electronics or cameras.

Sometimes it is not a good deal in the islands. Forewarned is forearmed.

Ditto on staying away from the 'recommended' shops. They are only recommended because they are paying for that.

In St. Thomas I can personally recommend Star Jewelers on the main street of downtown. And I have gotten good deals in Joe's Jewelry in St. Maarten. There are several locations.

Thanks for the info. I am not a hard-core shopper (in fact I hate to shop and never have bought anything more than just some t-shirts when cruising). That is why I wanted to get a map before-hand. I usually just buy from Del Sol and that is the only shop I like to hit really. So I don't want to be wandering aimlessly when I could just plan ahead.

Thanks!

I think I remember that when you attend the shopping discussions on board or maybe right as you are exiting the ship that there are maps handed out to tell you some of the best places to shop. Does anyone have copies of these maps from Nassau, Charlotte Amalie St. Thomas and Phillipsburg St. Maarten that they could scan in and attach?

Thanks! :D

These port guides and shopping maps are usually available on the RCL website. Look under ports of call.

Archived