"LIVE" From the Allure of the Seas - 15 - 22 January 2012

Hello Everyone and Welcome to our First of Five Cruises on RCI in 2012.

I am typing from beautiful Palm Coast, FL.

Tonight I will be installed as the Vice Commodore of the Palm Coast Yacht Club in a formal "Change of Watch" ceremony. Because of this, we will leave early Sunday morning for the for the 4 1/2 hour drive to Fort Lauderdale. If all goes well tonight I may have a photo or two to post up tomorrow of tonight's installation.

We will be on the Western Caribbean Itinerary. Here are the details:

Itinerary.gif

Schedule-1.jpg

Mark your calendars:

April 5, 2012 - 9 night B-2-B on the Jewel of the Seas

October 19, 2012 - 28 night B-2-B on the Vision of the Seas with both a West Bound and an East Bound full transit of the Panama Canal.

Spotty says he is going to miss us.

DSCN0031.jpg

We will miss him and Red Dog and Baxley and our two cats, Max and Dixie. We have found an excellent Pet Sitter who comes to our home every day, feeds everyone, plays with them for awhile, and cleans up after them.

Happy Cruising Everyone...

Hello Everyone and Welcome to our First of Five Cruises on RCI in 2012.

I am typing from beautiful Palm Coast, FL.

Tonight I will be installed as the Vice Commodore of the Palm Coast Yacht Club in a formal "Change of Watch" ceremony. Because of this, we will leave early Sunday morning for the for the 4 1/2 hour drive to Fort Lauderdale. If all goes well tonight I may have a photo or two to post up tomorrow of tonight's installation.

We will be on the Western Caribbean Itinerary. Here are the details:

Itinerary.gif

Schedule-1.jpg

Mark your calendars:

April 5, 2012 - 9 night B-2-B on the Jewel of the Seas

October 19, 2012 - 28 night B-2-B on the Vision of the Seas with both a West Bound and an East Bound full transit of the Panama Canal.

DSCN0031.jpg

We will miss him and Red Dog and Baxley and our two cats, Max and Dixie. We have found an excellent Pet Sitter who comes to our home every day, feeds everyone, plays with them for awhile, and cleans up after them.

Can't wait for the review and the pics...K.O. Near Philly:)

What an exciting week - virtually cruised with Radio, now Trainman and in 5 weeks from today, I'll be boarding the Allure. Life is good!

Congratulations on your appointment Trainman, they couldn't have picked a better person!

Smooth sailing for you and Judith - enjoy your time away :)

Congrats!!! Trainman.

We will be on the Allue in Oct. But Falmouth is a stop on our March Liberty cruise and we are looking at the ship's Chukka Beach excursion. Could you please let us know if you hear any comments about this? We will be interested in your observations of this new port.

Thanks and looking forward to your reviews , they are always so great.

Congrats!!! Trainman.

We will be on the Allue in Oct. But Falmouth is a stop on our March Liberty cruise and we are looking at the ship's Chukka Beach excursion. Could you please let us know if you hear any comments about this? We will be interested in your observations of this new port.

I did the Chukka Beach Break in Falmouth last April when I was there on the Navigator. I thought it was great. The beach was very nice and the lunch that was provided was good. I would definitely recommend the excursion.

Thanks for sharing again! Looking forward to this week and your cruise. Just watched the Captain Hook link, can't wait for all your posts and pictures. Have a great week. (will be on this cruise in 8 weeks)

bravostar user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gif

Congrats!!! Trainman.

I did this excursion twice - last Feb on Navigator and in July on Allure. Would definitely recommend this if you want to relax on a beautiful, quiet beach.

DSCN0031.jpg

OHH puppy!! What a cute little thing :)

Allure awaits us in October, so looking very much forward to your review!

The installation ceremony at the Yacht Club was really nice.

I won't have the "official" photos for awhile but here are two "quickies" of us showing off our new Yacht Club Uniforms outside the club with the canal in the background.

DSCN4228.jpg

DSCN4229.jpg

It is time to say "Good Night Everyone"

It is 10:15 as I type this and I hope to roll the lovely Judith out of bed early enough that we can be in the car and out the driveway by 6 am.

M next post will be "Live From the Allure" Sunday afternoon or evening.

Archived