updated cruise credits 28 + 14 = 43??

Just returned two weeks ago from a fabulous saiing on the FREEDOM OF THE SEAS for our 7 day western.

Prior to this cruise we had 28 cruise credits.

When I checked today it was updated to 43.

We were in a GS, and received our 14 cruise credits.

Must be the new math.

Safe travels

Sue and crew

Just returned two weeks ago from a fabulous saiing on the FREEDOM OF THE SEAS for our 7 day western.

Must be the new math.

Safe travels

Sue and crew

Well, at least the error was in your favor!

You seem pretty positive about it, but are you sure that you had 28 points before this cruise?

I ask because your previous two cruises were from before the time that Royal Caribbean had cruise points. Back then, they had cruise credits. I'm assuming that prior to January of last year, you had 4 cruise credits. If so, they would have been converted to 29 cruise points (4 * 7 + 1). (The formula for those under 5 cruise credits added a bonus cruise point for reasons known only to Royal Caribbean.)

You seem pretty positive about it, but are you sure that you had 28 points before this cruise?

I ask because your previous two cruises were from before the time that Royal Caribbean had cruise points. Back then, they had cruise credits. I'm assuming that prior to January of last year, you had 4 cruise credits. If so, they would have been converted to 29 cruise points (4 * 7 + 1). (The formula for those under 5 cruise credits added a bonus cruise point for reasons known only to Royal Caribbean.)

No, we know the reason.

At different levels, a specific amount of extra points were added. The purpose was to keep people at exactly or almost exactly the same "distance" from the next level. In other words, not to disadvantage anyone in the changeover.

:)

Ah, that makes some sense. I had thought to myself that it was convenient that someone who was one cruise credit away from Platinum would then also be one cruise point away after the conversion. I didn't bother checking the rest of the formulae to see whether the rule was consistent at the higher tiers.

No, we know the reason.

At different levels, a specific amount of extra points were added. The purpose was to keep people at exactly or almost exactly the same "distance" from the next level. In other words, not to disadvantage anyone in the changeover.

:)

As long as it was in my favor I would have stuck with, "28 + 14 = 43? Of course it does."

Anyway, good to know.

In June we had 154 points. We took a 12 night cruse followed by a 10 night cruise (22 nights). We now have 179 points?? Now the second cruise was one of those that if you booked in March you got 4 extra points, but we had booked in April 2011, and we never got around to asking about the 4 extra points. Still, something does not add up.

Must be the new math.

Safe travels

Sue and crew

I think you must have got one of my points :eek: We did a B2B on Allure at the beginning of June. Both cruises show up in history, but they only added 7 points to my total

Sailed GS 7 days mariner = 14 points

Sailed GS 7 Days freedom = 14 points

Sailed GS 7 days freedom = 14 points

so that should have been 42.

But not complaining of the 43

But, thanks all for the clarifications on the catching up of the conversions.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

Yeah but your cruises before were calculated as credits so you would of had 4 credits. When they did the conversion to points you would of ended up with 29 points. So now with the 14 points from this cruise you have 43.

They calculated it right.

Actually, that's the difference. The older cruises were based on cruise credits (one per cruise, plus an extra if in a JS or higher), not points.

What you have is:

• GS 7 days Mariner = 2 Cruise Credits
  • GS 7 days Freedom = 2 Cruise Credits
  • January 2011 conversion: 4 Cruise Credits = 29 Cruise Points
  • GS 7 days Freedom = 14 Cruise Points
  • Total: 43 Cruise Points

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

43 is the correct number. You had 4 credits at the conversion so as Daghis explained, it is 4 X 7 plus 1. So, you were 29 and got 14 for your most recent cruise.

Archived