Musica Theater shows, in Italian or English

JOHN 57

We will be on the MSC Musica out of Venice, Italy on 22 April 2018. My question are the shows in the theater Italian or English. Thank you, John

The shows on all MSC ships are for the most part are non-verbal, so the question of language doesn't arise.

most of the singing/dancing productions use English. The main exception being classical opera nights.

The other acts tend to be acrobatic/ gymnastic although there are occasional specialty acts such as magicians or hypnotists., I've even witnessed a comedian attempting to use four languages in sequence to perform his act. It didn't work very well.

There is no need to worry about seeing shows that will be in a language you don't understand, they will be either musical or irrelevant to your enjoyment.

the only time Language is a problem is the Cruise Director introducing the show in 5 languages, it takes about as long as the show itself to complete.

• 1 month later...

We did the same cruise on Musica out of Venice last month to the Greek Islands, etc. Flew into Venice International the day before. Stayed on the outskirts of Venice at the Hotel President in Mestre. Only 35 Euros by taxi to the ship. Hotel arranged the taxi.

We did the same cruise on Musica out of Venice last month to the Greek Islands, etc. Flew into Venice International the day before. Stayed on the outskirts of Venice at the Hotel President in Mestre. Only 35 Euros by taxi to the ship. Hotel arranged the taxi.

SnoopyUSA, how did you like the cruise? I will be onboard next April and would love to hear your comments.

It was a great cruise. We did an excursion at each stop. My favorite stops were Corfu, Santorini, and Kotor, Montenegro. Perfect weather, calm seas, temps in the 80's. Shipboard services were great. Outstanding food, did not have a bad meal. My other half has a Gluten/Celiac issue, so she had special menus, meals which she said were great. MSC is in the forefront of being able to handle sensitive food issues. They have received numerous awards for that, as well as not polluting the environment. I strongly suggest that you fly into Venice the day before the ship sails. Not only do you get to spend some time in Venice ( which is never boring ), but you get to go onboard the ship the next day feeling relaxed, instead of feeling exhausted from getting off a long plane flight and then racing to the ship. . .