On the Paradise Now Key West is back On!

PenzRY1

just moved from Key West in July. Still have any friends there and KW was not hit as bad as the middle Keys. Have heard from many that most places are up and running, maybe with limited menus. In fact, the mayor, Craig Cates, greeted arrivals from the RCCL ship that came in today in person! He's an amazing Mayor!

just moved from Key West in July. Still have any friends there and KW was not hit as bad as the middle Keys. Have heard from many that most places are up and running, maybe with limited menus. In fact, the mayor, Craig Cates, greeted arrivals from the RCCL ship that came in today in person! He's an amazing Mayor!

Agreed. I just moved out of the Keys after 20 years there. Mayor Cates is good guy. In fact, I even bought a car from him back when he had Cates Automotive.

Back to the subject though. Glad to see KW back open. I figured they would be open quick because they didn't take as hard of a hit as my former home...Cudjoe Key. :( It was nice to see the pictures today of RCI pulling in. :) The city looked like a ghost town though.

You are lucky, I was on the Paradise for the 5 day Sept. 16 cruise, and we went to Grand Cayman (for the I-don't-know-how-many-times) again, instead.

Have a great time and be sure to go see Vladimir at the Queen Mary Bar, tell him Brenda says hello from about a week and a half ago.

Doesn't surprise me, but that's good to hear. My parents go there in November, and their condo owner said he's totally ready for them. It really sounded like the damage was minimal. I think some of their problems are just the limited options for getting supplies to that part. Since the middle/upper Keys had more damage, so the roads are harder to use. Have a great time!