Word on the Fantasy

GrandmaHofmann

Computer Nerd apparently has difficulties reading what is written but no problem being snarky. Once more, I blame Carnival for keeping people in the dark for 8 hours after they were informed the port was closed.

And GrandmaHofmann needs new bifocals as no where in you OP which I referred to do you state anything about people being kept in the dark for 8 hours. Not to mention that Carnival has a whole lot more things to consider than just your particular travel plans when dealing with a hurricane.

Nothing like the pot calling the kettle black with your return snarkiness. :rolleyes:

They don’t .. nor should they. They are a for profit business with stockholders to answer to. They want to make money. Period.

However, when your customers are disappointed and dissatisfied they will vote with their feet.. and in this digital age make their voices heard. THIS will effect future profits which should concern the corporation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, the customers are so disappointed with Carnival and yet the ships keep sailing full and the stock price continues to rise. That's some major disappointment.

Sorry for your troubles GrandmaHofmann. I understand your frustration, and I have read more than a few posts like yours over the last month or so, with other travellers,cruisers, and storm issues, so you are not alone with your concerns. There will always be someone who is unsympathetic, or even nasty on these kind of forums, so try to ignore them if you can. I wish you better for your next cruise and or vacation.

Yes, the customers are so disappointed with Carnival and yet the ships keep sailing full and the stock price continues to rise. That's some major disappointment.

Right, Carnival still has more cruisers than any other cruise line. Nobody is happy when a storm disrupts their long planned vacation but one needs to be prepared.

Not sure where all the comments about poor communication come from. First they do not have to cancel the cruise until the day of per the ticket contract nobody reads. Secondly they actually have out many things out there on the website at the top, through John Heald, and emails. John actually posted Wed that the cruises this weekend will be affected in Mobile, New Orleans, and maybe Tampa.

From The ticket contract:

© Carnival has the right without previous notice to cancel this contract at the port of embarkation or any time during the voyage and shall thereupon return to the Guest, if the Contract is completely canceled, his Cruise Fare, or, if the Contract is partially canceled, a proportionate part thereof. Under such circumstances, Carnival shall have no further liability for damages or compensation of any kind. In the event a voyage is terminated early due to mechanical failure of the Vessel, Guest is also entitled to transportation to the Vessel’s scheduled port of disembarkation or Guest’s home city, at Carnival’s discretion and expense, as well as necessary lodging at the unscheduled port of disembarkation, if required, at Carnival’s expense.

If a change in the itinerary is needed due to factors or conditions beyond CARNIVAL'S control, no refund or credit will be made, however, CARNIVAL will make an effort to provide accommodations and services of a comparable quality and standard as set forth in the brochure. Any such change shall not modify the cancellation provisions in the brochure. No credit will be allowed or refund given for any services provided in the brochure should any such services not be utilized by Participants.

While Carnival does not have to really do much, they have with every Hurricane. The number of bad hurricanes this year has severely affected all the cruise lines and their ability to keep regular cruises. Under these circumstances Carnival actually has done an amazing job making sure that customers are taken care of. Of course they will wait until last min as hurricanes change direction and strength. It cost tens of thousands to change ports, or get permission to not go to a port from Gov't. The cancellations and reroutes have cost them tens of millions so why would they not try and communicate? Being frustrated that your cruise is cancelled is normal, but taking it out on Carnival is stupid. BTW all cruise lines do the same thing. People need to understand what can happen and what they agree to. But most feel it won't happen to them and when it does want to take it out on others.

Why on earth would Code d write all this unless she works for Carnival???

Why on earth would Code d write all this unless she works for Carnival???
HE would reply with all of this (mostly copied from Carnival's website) to show what people never pay attention to. Get tired of complaints that have no real merit. If people do not get instant answers or the answers they want to hear then it is always someone else's fault. Don't enter into a contract (which is what a cruise ticket is) if you are not happy with the terms and conditions. Never have nor do I currently work for Carnival.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Forums mobile app

Clearly a Carnival troll.

Yup, it's all Carnival's fault. They don't care about anyone but themselves.

LOL. Sorry my opinion hurt your feelings. Carnival knew the port was going to be closed for 8 hours before letting people know that they wouldn't be sailing today. Inexcusable. Meanwhile they have people making their way into the abyss, trying to get to their cruise that Carnival already knew wasn't going to happen. .

Mobile told Carnival the port would be closed before noon today but we weren't told that the Fantasy would not be sailing tomorrow until 8pm Friday night. We can hang-out in the hurricane until Sunday and see if the port opens. In that case we get a one day refund. If the port does not open, we would sit in the hotel in a perhaps shut down city and get another day lopped off. If you cancel--and I did, you get a cruise credit but you eat your insurance money. I am going to cancel the cruise I had booked for January and never book Carnival again.

Well of course I will use the credit but that's it for me and carnival because of their refusal to let people know what was going on. They could have told us 8 hours earlier and saved people plane tickets and a possibly 2 day stay in the middle of a hurricane.

Sorry, there is no need to be snippy. I just assumed you meant what you said in the original post. My bad.

• 3 months later...

I had insurance which entitled me to a complete refund as soon as the weather people labeled it a hurricane. It took me about two months to get the full refund. Meanwhile, because we knew darn well that ship was going nowhere, we just went to Disney and had a good time while the people without insurance or those who trusted Carnival, found that trust misplaced and waited until they had just a 2 day cruise to nowhere, I believe.

I had insurance which entitled me to a complete refund as soon as the weather people labeled it a hurricane. It took me about two months to get the full refund. Meanwhile, because we knew darn well that ship was going nowhere, we just went to Disney and had a good time while the people without insurance or those who trusted Carnival, found that trust misplaced and waited until they had just a 2 day cruise to nowhere, I believe.[/quote}

It is interesting that it took over 3 months/100 days for you to respond.

I had insurance which entitled me to a complete refund as soon as the weather people labeled it a hurricane. It took me about two months to get the full refund. Meanwhile, because we knew darn well that ship was going nowhere, we just went to Disney and had a good time while the people without insurance or those who trusted Carnival, found that trust misplaced and waited until they had just a 2 day cruise to nowhere, I believe.[/quote}

It is interesting that it took over 3 months/100 days for you to respond.

Perhaps she just got the check cashed and got her internet turned back on. :D