Carnival Splendor 1A - Cabin 7345 any pics?

latitudedallas

Cabin 7345 (1A ISUL) 185 sq ft

Beds: 1 twin-1 upper rab:0

View: no window or balcony

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; shower; chair and coffee table

You will have bunks in a 1A. One lower and one upper.

According to Carnival it has two twin beds......one upper and one lower ;)

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/splendor/splendor.html

That's NOT correct! cabins 6395, 7345 and 8357 all have two twin beds. On the Conquest class ships it's the same except it's cabin 6393, 7345 and 8357.

Edited by Topo Gigio

I just posted the faqs for the room based on what Carnival says on their website and on the TA site and what all the deck plans show for the description for that room. If you disagree with what Carnival says for the room description then take it up with them. I don't write their stateroom descriptions. If I was the OP I would be prepared for one upper and one lower based on Carnivals information.

Have a nice night!

I just posted the faqs for the room based on what Carnival says on their website and on the TA site and what all the deck plans show for the description for that room. If you disagree with what Carnival says for the room description then take it up with them. I don't write their stateroom descriptions. If I was the OP I would be prepared for one upper and one lower based on Carnivals information.

Have a nice night!

But the info that Carnival is giving is incorrect! sleep tight!

I don't want to perpetuate any argument here, but I have to say that Carnival's own descriptions of rooms are quite often inaccurate, especially for their more unique rooms. Some 1As are 160 sq.ft, but listed as 185. We stayed in a 1A that was 235 sq.ft, but was listed as 185. Regular insides on large ships are listed as 185, but are actually around 170-175. They are very lazy with their descriptions, so you can't believe everything they say.

I know that those 3 1As on Conquest class ships (6393, 7345 and 8357) are indeed larger rooms with 2 regular beds that can be pushed together or left separate. On the deck plans, those rooms do look larger as well. The Splendor is not a Conquest class ship, so I wasn't sure about that. I haven't heard that they have the same deal. Dream class doesn't have that same deal. On the Splendor, they look to be the same size as regular interiors on the deck plans. And, according to the link provided by SadieN (http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=55674), these 3 1As on Splendor will have the one regular bed, plus an upper bunk. That lady who had the 8357 said that the upper was stored in the ceiling, since she was solo, and the room had one twin bed. Even if the room is the same size as a regular interior, at 170-175 sq.ft, there will be almost 25 sq.ft. of extra floor space by comparison to a regular interior, because the absence of a 2nd bed opens up more floor space.

Not only that, but you can go to cruiselinerooms dot com, and look up Splendor, room 7345. Someone has posted pics of that room there. It is indeed one regular bed and not two. The upper is in the ceiling in those pics, but if it were down, it would be right above the regular bed. The room does look larger than a regular interior in the pics, although that could be deceptive, because of the different dimensions and the absence of a 2nd bed. So, my advice is that you can't always believe what Carnival's websites, the goccl website, PVPs, or TAs tell you about rooms. But they are right more often than they're wrong.

Edited by k2excursion

Anyone stayed in 1A cabin 7345 on carnival splendor? Can you tell me how this room is arranged? If you have pics of the room that would be great.

There are pictures of that cabin posted online.

Just Google 'cruiselinerooms'

Go to the site containing those 3 words.

The upper is not down but is located in ceiling above the lower.

Edited by bbohbbneedacruise

I have stayed in the Splendor Cat.1-A #7345, many times. It is a fantastic cabin because you walk in....to the left is the closet and storage space and vanity table, on the right side is the bathroom/washroom,the t.v.,frig, and the twin bed. There is enough space for a second bed which

gives you lots of walking space. The small table and chair is located on the left hand side. The other bed is hidden in the ceiling.

Look at the deck plans and you will notice that 7345 is situated like the

other catagory cabins. It is comfortable for two persons.

Now...look at the other Cat-1-A that is situated sideways. Those cabins are very small but still nice. You walk in and the bathroom is located

on the left side, on the right side is the frigerator, vanity table, closet

space and storage space. The twin bed is to your left with the second bed

in the ceiling. I have stayed in those cabins too but it is only good for one

person.

• 5 years later...

Hello Lucy.....I am going to be staying in cabin 7345 only on the Carnival Glory.....will the cabin be arranged the same as on the splendor...it is a category 1a....I am also on the Empress Deck...and i was undeceided when booking what cabin to take..i was torn between cabin 6227 which is a sideways cabin, or 7345 which looks designed as a regular cabin entranceway wise, which i liked better and it is more mid ship on the Empress deck.... One question was there just a twin bed with an upper bunk, or were there two twin beds in the room?

Would appreciate a response ..... thanks alot..

Cathy

As already stated, on the Conquest-class ships, there are those three "special" 1A cabins that have two beds on the floor.

It's well documented in the Everything 1A thread. I've stayed in 7345 on Conquest and have photos in my review.

Splendor does NOT have the same setup. When I was booking Splendor for a year after my Conquest sailing and had a friend joining me, I was going to book that same cabin because I figured it would have the 2 floor bed setup (neither of us old women wanted to climb a ladder into a bunk).

In that same 1A thread, I was assured that Splendor was NOT set up the same as the Conquest-class ships. We ended up booking a 4B down the hall.

Is it possible that they've changed it since then (2014)? Sure. But I bet we would've heard about it from someone by now.

I would not book that cabin assuming there would be 2 beds on the floor unless I had real proof (like a recent photo).