Carnival Splendor transferring to P&O

tidecat

That date made sense for Australia, as it would be comparable to a late April/early May release for a US-bound ship. It might be possible there's a longer shakeout season in Europe in advance of a March TA cruise. Or Vista 3 could not pass go, not collect $200, and head directly to Miami.

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS

i think it has more to do with the west cost being limited where they can go. however ships sailing out of Galveston have much more options. There was talk a couple years ago of Carnival developing a port on the west coast in Mexico. I don't know what ever happened to that idea. It would have been like Grand Turk or Amber Cove.

Wouldn't mind a California coastal. Princess manages just fine with them. Splendor did a few during the swine flu period.

I cruise for creme brûlée, lobster and warm chocolate melting cake!

We have one of the last few cruises booked for 2018.

It will be our second Splendor cruise. For the record, I like the pink. I think it's pretty. DH does not. :)

My guess is that we will get a Conquest type ship here. With the strong PCL market and 2 Fantasy classes here, I just don't see a bigger ship.

NCL has totally pulled out for 2018-19. (excluding Alaska, I think RCI has too.)

Patti

NCL has not pulled out of LA. They have Mexican Riviera on the Bliss as far out as April 2019.

NCL has not pulled out of LA. They have Mexican Riviera on the Bliss as far out as April 2019.

Thanks for letting me know about this!! We were looking at a cruise in 2018 and nothing on the west coast was exciting, but now I am looking at the Bliss as a change from all our Carnival cruises. Also, would allow us to avoid flying with our youngest which was exhausting going out of NYC. I like the Mexican Riviera and the bliss should be similar other Breakaway+ ships and people seem to like those. Maybe time for something new....

• 4 weeks later...

Wikipedia lists Vista 3 as "Carnival Journey". The only sensible explanation I could see would be the ship originally scheduled to be Pacific Journey for P&O, but this would be problematic given that Carnival Journeys already is a thing. FWIW Dawn Princess is set to become Pacific Explorer.

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS

They're returning to CA. They've had a few one off cruises over the years, repos to from Alaska.

Only Carnival stayed here during the bad times year round.

• 6 months later...

News is circulating that Golden Princess is headed to P&O Australia in 2019. I have seen some reports state that Splendor will not be transferring to P&O, and some state that move is still on the table.

If Splendor does stay, that certainly has some implications for the North American market with Vista 3 coming online in 2019. I wonder if Carnival will have Splendor handle the itineraries currently served by Golden Princess, and then send a Dream-class or Conquest-class to take over the routes being served now by Carnival Miracle and by next year by Carnival Splendor.

If Splendor does stay, that certainly has some implications for the North American market with Vista 3 coming online in 2019. I wonder if Carnival will have Splendor handle the itineraries currently served by Golden Princess, and then send a Dream-class or Conquest-class to take over the routes being served now by Carnival Miracle and by next year by Carnival Splendor.

Princess also has a new ship coming out in 2019.

As I said, i have a hunch Splendor will not be transferring to P&O (Princess) but will probably do something over there (Miracle sub)... it just doesent have the "bones" to be transformed into a ship,that would fit their market... again, IMO

• 3 weeks later...
They're returning to CA. They've had a few one off cruises over the years, repos to from Alaska.

Only Carnival stayed here during the bad times year round.

A friend did NCL from California to Hawaii. He wasn't impressed. So far Princess and Carnival are the only full time cruise lines out of southern CA. I haven't seen Royal Caribbean in some time

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums