Carnival Breeze 10/23/16 review....my first try at this photo review thing....

caroher

Hi everyone from cruise critic, I've enjoyed a lot of reviews on this site and they have helped me in planning my past and future cruise vacations so I hope you all like my first review on this forum. I also choose to share my trip because I want to relive my cruise again even if it is thru my memory....hey you always have the memories!!!

A little about myself and my little family that accompanied me on this 7 night western Caribbean cruise. My husband (M) and I have been married for almost 18 years and we have a 12 year old daughter, Nat. I'm an optician and my husband works in the oil fields. This is our first vacation in over 1 year, so we were really looking forward to it.

I have counted down for more than 200 days for this cruise, I have read a lot of Breeze reviews, seen many YouTube videos, planned and paid for excursions and daydreamed during work hours so much that I hope you find my review to be enjoyable and informative as I have found some of yours to be.

Day 1

Our day started early Sunday morning. Since Galveston port is only a 3 1/2 hour drive from our home we decided to drive down the day of our cruise. Our embarkation time was at 12:30pm so I figured we had plenty of time. We decided to leave around 6am, planned one stop at our favorite gas station for our traditional whoopie pie....(more on this later), than breakfast at our favorite Mexican restaurant in Galveston and then parking which I saved $5 whole dollars by purchasing online at Galveston Port Parking. 1st Score!!!

Everything I actually just mentioned as planned actually happened!!! Wow, normally nothing that I plan happens like it suppose to so, great start right? Well.....more on that later. Remember it's the 1st day.

6e5e9457938a0829a40c5fbebcdd9cc6.jpg

This is my view as we are driving into our first gorgeous sunrise our our cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok so now we are driving a bit and ....oh I forgot to tell you that I get really bad motion sickness even as a passenger in a big bumpy truck. I decided to give my hard working hubby a break and let him sleep while I drive down to Galveston. I don't get dizzy or sick if I drive (weird I know).5d990f9ff10ce3c9f2b58fd3eb33c264.jpg

Another sky scene...Warning....I'm not a professional photographer but I think I am so you will see a lot of "photos" of random things like the sky, food or trees and stuff. The only camera I used was the iPhone 6Plus.b6ef001d28890a037d4e06f9a689396e.jpg

See told you.

Anyway we made it to our favorite gas station just because they sell these delicious little bad things that are so good, called whoopie pies and it has become a tradition to stop not for gas but to get these thingies.7113af9a1ee55ba657724a6ba0499773.jpg

She wouldn't share, so of course I had to get my own! This is Nat, she is twelve going on 25. You'll see why later.

Now we are back on the road and finally arrived to Galveston and we are hungry!!!

Gorditas here we come!!! We are Latino but I don't even cook this good for breakfast....or any meal. This is our go to restaurant in Galveston on the seawall, don't get me wrong we do go to others like Fishermen Wharf and Joe's Crab Shack and others but Gorditas is cheap, authentic and oh so good!!!b083ad7bcd5612eb0fefda26d32dcaf9.jpg

Yummy!!! We couldn't finish it all, and under $20!!24bc6e504afb6b374ad522fb7d58b030.jpg

Just way to much food....but held us thru the long embarkation process so we could get our hands on our first Guy's Burger!

Thank you! To all that are following along...[emoji4]

Now back to the review....where was I, oh yeah, i haven't even got to the ship yet....we'll lets get there and fast please!

Before then we had to stop at the Wal-mart because even after all my planning and getting everything ready I totally forgot to put luggage tags on my checked luggage which I was so proud of because I only checked 2. So off I went looking for a stapler and staples. I did get distracted by some shiny jewelry on sale and got some for elegant night.

Drove to the Galveston Port Parking and waited for our free shuttle to the terminal. We really should of dropped off our bags and myself at the port so we didn't have to carry and haul so much stuff on the shuttle....noted for next time.

af3b88c7a05e48160f7ba0508624eb98.jpg

First sight of the Carnival Breeze! She is so grand and beautiful....but you can't tell now thru the filthy shuttle windows...lol!

Now the hurry up and wait begins. Hurry up and wait in line....hurry up and walk a little forward and wait some more. We didn't care, We were about to get on the Breeze....just a little more waiting.

Check your passport and boarding documents

Check your carry ons

Get your sail and sign card (they use passport pictures now)

Check your carry on drinks....we had Coke Zero and Diet 7Up and they literally will open your boxes and check every can!!! That was just weird to me (they didn't do that last year)

No pictures or videos allowed

Ok now you can walk up the gangway

Wait! We have to take the boarding picture of course...we didn't purchase because all that hurry up and wait stuff just gets tiring.

Now I have to take a little break because it is the first real cold night and some friends invited us to a bonfire [emoji91]. But before I go I would like to leave you with one of the wonders of the gangway......why is it so shiny? Did they know I'm attracted to sparkles? Was it just put there just for me? I'll never know but I loved it!!!3fe956619c7e0a2b1f34bafc8950583c.jpg

I don't know if you can see it but I'll try to load a video later....it was just mesmerizing to me!

Cool! So happy that others are actually following!

The Breeze is really beautiful and you all will love her if you haven't been on her yet!

I had promised a video and I might deliver....https://vimeo.com/192288474

I just love shiny things.....

I was momentarily distracted but then I remembered "I'm going on a cruise!!!" And I saw this

c8c282273a3898813ab8ba9bb05c76de.jpg

Ok so we finally entered the main atrium and this is what I saw......Just gorgeous!

ae0205029d5ee64c0106499a12f7b9fb.jpg

I like the decor of this ship.....it's subtle but still colorful and cheery not sensory overload. I loved the neutral tones and the 3 story main atrium was one of our favorite spots....they had all the different entertainment people there and normally we could get a great seat and just enjoy.

We decided to go in search of our cabin, cove balcony 2368. I've been in interior, ocean view and regulars balcony, but I really liked the cove balcony the best. I felt way more privacy for some reason. Plus we had quiet and considerate neighbors. I liked the fact that we had this little inclosed area that felt like it hugged us and kept us safe from the elements or prying neighbors [emoji102].

f0495a6c0024ea7ffb5dd527edd2f7bf.jpg view from our balcony in Galveston

d6e6446e30336c4b0ff11f2f8a72e4da.jpg

30427ea94219838d43ecc26a6d1fa4e5.jpg seating along with a small table for drinks or food or feet.

1f44f6d25f01cc3daf18cb57d94af7c1.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com

54441f6cfd867f5677403cc3c0bc1c1d.jpg

Heavy door which I have no idea when it's used, probably in high storm surges and stuff since we are on the second deck.

Looking out into the water we noticed a family of dolphins, maybe mother and baby out practicing their swimming I guess https://vimeo.com/192291766

fc6ea0de0fdb394d00ea66d1a8f22dc4.jpgnot the best pictures because they wouldn't stay still for a good one

Turning our back to the view, let's get some pics of the roomee41f15eeccf6b23dba3564cbedbff54.jpge486f5d743fc010057cd7351b24c1b0a.jpgc4633aa4cc9ea09c8eaf1d3fd9f68c17.jpg very comfortable and I slept like a baby!!

e66ac47458e2160ee8a95ac8a8124884.jpg

Ok now for the most important activity on a cruise ship....eating!!!

We run to the lido deck for the best burgers ever! Love Guy's Burger! 7f66364d5365fc2cd07dac5bd2d3b332.jpg. The menu

ab701acecfbc6984952e82de6ed43452.jpg. The Burger!!! Yum!!

53fe47003da3c8e1b858d2584f8186eb.jpg. My child enjoying the Burger

8e0f2881cb4275bf9df8c295c676bb17.jpg. The creator of the Burger...Guy