ms Noordam in Juneau August 30, 2017

Scrapnana

Noordam will be visiting Juneau at the CT dock from 1000-2200.

Busy day in port with four other large cruise ships. Coral Princess will be at the FKL dock from 0630-1600. Grand Princess will be at the AJ dock from 0800-2100. Emerald Princess will be at the AS dock from 1430-2315. Seabourn Sojourn will be tendering from 0800-2200.

The weather forecast is back to a 100% chance of rain but it should not be constant. The high will be 58F/14C and the low 50F/10C. Sunrise is at 5:51 am and sunset at 8:04 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

Hi Scrapnana!!!

Switched from the US OPEN to our CC!!!!!

Thanks for the reminder as always. 100% of rain😞

I might not chime in. Depends on how my grand puppy Paisley is feeling! I hope she gets better tomorrow and no vet needed!

Take care all!

Denise:)

I definitely expect to be on the road for this one. I hope I get a peek at lunch time to see what Sojourn does. Usually she docks early and then leaves just before a HAL ship gets in at 1300 or so. I wonder if she'll get a chance to use the AS dock before Emerald arrives.

Definitely planning on Zaandam on Thursday.

Roy

I definitely expect to be on the road for this one. I hope I get a peek at lunch time to see what Sojourn does. Usually she docks early and then leaves just before a HAL ship gets in at 1300 or so. I wonder if she'll get a chance to use the AS dock before Emerald arrives.

Definitely planning on Zaandam on Thursday.

Roy

That could happen to Sojourn, especially if she is picking up supplies again. That has happened on a couple of occasions this year. [if not her - one of the Seabourn family.]

Boy, that Grand Princess made a quick turn to the dock! If it had been a car, it might have been up on two wheels in that turn. :D If I was on that ship, that would have messed w/ my balance & motion sickness I think. Or maybe it just looked quicker than it was. :D

Looks like they got stuck at the far dock (AJ right???). Wonder why that happened?

Obviously drew the short straw today and had to give up their closer location.

It has happened a few times this season. Usually for some silly reason of having to load something and needing a floating dock for one of the other ships. :D

We were on the Noordam in Alaska in June and were at the CT dock. I'm so glad we didn't end up out there at the AJ dock. With the new floating AS dock the HAL smaller ships have lost prime docking territory in Juneau since it can now accomodate the larger ships.