Noordam Cabanas Out of Service -Weather Damage!

MMJK

My partner and I are sailing on the Noordam over Christmas and New Years on a cruise around the South Pacific. Being Australian we are aware how extremely hot the South Pacific is around Christmas and wanted our own dedicated deck space beyond our balcony. However, when we sent an email to book a cabana we received the following response:

“Good afternoon,

The ms Noordam cabanas have sustained considerable weather-related damage. Unfortunately, we will be removing inventory of cabanas until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience.

SHIP SERVICES"

Has the ship hit rough weather this Alaskan season? Has anybody who has been onboard recently seen the damage?

Cheers,

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the information.

I have not heard anyone mentioning damage to the Cabanas on the Noordam.

But a person by the name of "Bigdogwon" started a thread "Good heavenly father get me off this ship" and he just mentioned Noordam and said nothing else.

Exactly KK!!!! I was going to say the same thing!!!! What

Could possibly cause that much damage?

Come on HAL quickly get things done especially with something like this!!!

I hope you get OBC for something like this!

South Pacific heat? Been there done that and it is warm! Please let us know what happens!

Denise:)

After "Bigdogwon" made their initial post, I went to the Environment Canada web site which indicated the coast off of BC was under a gale warning (the marine areas were all red indicating high seas). Perhaps a cabana or two started to become damaged with pieces blowing around and in the interest of safety they are not using any of them until they determine a better way to anchor them down or something??? (Just guessing here but does make sense).

Awnings don't like high winds, especially powerful gusts. They got into some very heavy weather so it's not surprising that they sustained damage. I'd contact Ship Services and have them contact the Noordam and find out if there is a firm timeframe for replacements, and if there's a wait list.

Thank you for the information.

I have not heard anyone mentioning damage to the Cabanas on the Noordam.

But a person by the name of "Bigdogwon" started a thread "Good heavenly father get me off this ship" and he just mentioned Noordam and said nothing else.

Yes, b y George, I think she's got it.. :) Makes sense and you likely are correct.

I just got off the Noordam on Sept 24th

we had great weather the whole way down from Seward. Almost no rain and nice seas. I did hear the wind howling the last couple of nights when I was in bed....but by morning all seemed calm again. I did not go up top to where the cabana's are but I can imagine with the winds that I heard that here could have been damage.

Cruise was great, other than the large number of guests who had a terrible cough and cold....which I am currently at home snuggled up with blanket and tea, dealing with.

Thanks all....I have emailed HAL this morning asking if there is a specific timeframe for them to be repaired and for them to notify us when they are so we can book the cabana. Would seem odd for them not to fix them between now and a Christmas cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums