Questions - 4 Day Aboard the Fantasy in December

GeorgiaMomof4

Hi all! I just booked a 4 day cruise for my husband and myself on the Fantasy going to Cozumel.

This is our first 4 day sailing as well as our first December sailing. I have some questions that I'm hoping you all

can help me with.

1. Does the 4 day have an elegant night?

2. Since it's the holiday season, do you normally dress more for the holiday or more for the weather (warm and sunny)? On our February cruises I still normally take sun dresses, capris, sleeveless tops, etc. Just wondering what I should do this time?

3. Are the seas usually choppier and rockier in December? We've cruised in February, April, May, September, October and November.

4, Is there a list or something from John Heald that tells when each ship will be decorated for Christmas?

Any other tips or info you can give will be appreciated. I did sail on the Fantasy in May with my daughter.

Thanks!

They usually decorate the ships after thanksgiving cruises.

Hard to say with the weather but I would take something warm along with summer clothing. Left for a cruise this past January out of Miami and it was 47 degrees! It did warm up nicely the next day.

We were on the Fantasy last year in Dec, 2016.

Formal night was the first sea day.

The ship was decorated, and the last night we all gathered in the atrium, at all levels and sang Christmas song, with snow machines in the ceiling snowing on us.

The first night out of Mobile it was cold. The outside muster drill was cold. The rooms are not heated so they were cold. About halfway thru the first sea day, it started getting warm again.

Also, the first night out of Mobile the seas were really rockin and rollin. Sick folks everywhere. After that first night the seas were calm. The last sea day was flat seas and hot sun. It was great. Cozumel was raining as we got off the ship, but then the sun came out and it was a beautiful day.

The 4 day to Cozumel is an escape, not a vacation.

We were on the Fantasy last year in Dec, 2016.

Formal night was the first sea day.

The ship was decorated, and the last night we all gathered in the atrium, at all levels and sang Christmas song, with snow machines in the ceiling snowing on us.

The first night out of Mobile it was cold. The outside muster drill was cold. The rooms are not heated so they were cold. About halfway thru the first sea day, it started getting warm again.

Also, the first night out of Mobile the seas were really rockin and rollin. Sick folks everywhere. After that first night the seas were calm. The last sea day was flat seas and hot sun. It was great. Cozumel was raining as we got off the ship, but then the sun came out and it was a beautiful day.

The 4 day to Cozumel is an escape, not a vacation.

Thanks!

Anytime I can get out of cooking, cleaning and doing laundry for 6 kids - it's a vacation to me whether it's 2 days or 10!