Paying for Choice Air?

39august

Do you have to pay at the time of booking thru' Choice Air, please? Or can you pay at the time of cruise final payment? If you have to pay up front, is there a way on the website to purchase air insurance or would this be a separate transaction? I have purchased the air travel insurance thru both AA and Delta when buying tickets.

Do you have to pay at the time of booking thru' Choice Air, please? Or can you pay at the time of cruise final payment? If you have to pay up front, is there a way on the website to purchase air insurance or would this be a separate transaction? I have purchased the air travel insurance thru both AA and Delta when buying tickets.

Choice air is paid up front.

Have you considered using a 3rd party travel insurance policy instead of cruiseline/carrier...cover's a lot more than your cruise/air.

Have you considered using a 3rd party travel insurance policy instead of cruiseline/carrier...cover's a lot more than your cruise/air.

OP - this. The cruiseline's insurance is always going to do what's best for the cruiseline. Same reason I would never buy air travel insurance from the airline I am flying with.

I forgot that if we use choiceair the cruise insurance will cover. Thanks for the reminders. Yes, I sometimes get third party insurance. The insurance I have bought thru' the airlines was with Allianz, not the airlines themselves.

I forgot that if we use choiceair the cruise insurance will cover

And do you know what it "will cover"? Or are you just making an assumption? Know that any such policy will definitely favor the cruiseline in any borderline situation.

Thanks for the reminders. Yes, I sometimes get third party insurance. The insurance I have bought thru' the airlines was with Allianz, not the airlines themselves.

And do you think that any policy promoted through an airline website wouldn't be designed to favor the airline? Or do you naively believe that Allianz has no reason to issue policies that tilt to benefit the company that gives them the platform to sell their wares?

Also, look at that cruisline provided insurance. Who is the underwriter, and what is the relationship with the supplier being "insured against"??

But if you think all is hunky-dory, who am I to disagree?

First time booking with Choice Air on a Celebrity cruise - Should the flights and transfers be showing on my booking on the website? It shows fine on my credit card.:o:o

My flight arrangements have always been displayed on the Celebrity website and in the electronic documents (e-Ticket/booklet). I can't answer about transfers since I have never purchased any.

My flight arrangements have always been displayed on the Celebrity website and in the electronic documents (e-Ticket/booklet). I can't answer about transfers since I have never purchased any.

Hmmm. Has that been since the updated website? I hear that a lot of things are missing or not showing since the changeover. I did call Choice Air and they gave me the record locator number for the airline so that's a plus and the airline has the flights showing. They (Choice Air) were supposed to email me a confirmation, but I still haven't received it. Guess I better call again tomorrow. Thanks!