Roatan Ocean Adventure 1-mile Drift Snorkel

KnightsFan

My wife and I are going to be in Roatan in September and are looking at this trip. Can anyone provide a bit more information on it? I've looked for online reviews, but it's hard to find any about this specific tour.

How much experience is recommended? Does ROA provide fins along with mask and snorkel? I'm also just looking for how good of a time it was for anyone that's done it.

My wife and I are going to be in Roatan in September and are looking at this trip. Can anyone provide a bit more information on it? I've looked for online reviews, but it's hard to find any about this specific tour.

How much experience is recommended? Does ROA provide fins along with mask and snorkel? I'm also just looking for how good of a time it was for anyone that's done it.

The snorkeling in Roatan is very good. any people believe it to be the best in the Caribbean.

Does the description tell you where they take you? I've snorkel the fair amount of the island, I truly believe the best snorkeling is within the Roatan Marine Park which runs Sandy Bay to the other end of West Bay on the leeward side of the island.

If you end up going to the windward side of the island you may be fighting waves pushing you into the reef.

I'm not a big fan of using somebody else's toothbrush so you can bet I'm not going to use somebody else's snorkel in a third world country. I've only ever seen snorkels mask and fins offered together but since I don't know who's taking you outI I don't know about the fins specifically.

The guys at ROA are absolutely top notch, and provide an amazing snorkeling experience. We did the 3 stop snorkel and beach break in July, and it was our favorite excursion of the trip. They provide all of the gear you need, and will have guides with you in the water. You go out in small groups, and they are big on preservation of the coral reef. Herbert owns ROA and it seems like he has 5 or 6 cousins who work with him. We had no issues with wind blowing us around, and the coral and marine life were like nothing that we have ever seen before.

The guys at ROA are absolutely top notch, and provide an amazing snorkeling experience. We did the 3 stop snorkel and beach break in July, and it was our favorite excursion of the trip. They provide all of the gear you need, and will have guides with you in the water. You go out in small groups, and they are big on preservation of the coral reef. Herbert owns ROA and it seems like he has 5 or 6 cousins who work with him. We had no issues with wind blowing us around, and the coral and marine life were like nothing that we have ever seen before.

Oh, I have no doubt they're great. The reviews out there paint a very good picture, even the 'bad' ones.

My question about the fins is because I bring my own gear, and wanted to know if I should pack them or not.

Oh, I have no doubt they're great. The reviews out there paint a very good picture, even the 'bad' ones.

My question about the fins is because I bring my own gear, and wanted to know if I should pack them or not.

We brought our own gear for all of our snorkeling excursions. We do enough snorkeling that it makes it worthwhile, and when snorkeling around coral, I prefer the shorter fins to avoid potential damage to coral.

Wow!!! Sounds amazing! I’m going to definitely look into snorkeling with ROA!!! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the 3 snorkel stop, only us and another couple. We bring our own gear. The drift is very nice, don't swim or move, just drift and look around. We also got to go to the Sloth place after hosing off. I now know that the Sloth place also offers snorkeling, I don't know how they are, but no matter where you are taken the snorkeling is great.

We did the 3 snorkel stop, only us and another couple. We bring our own gear. The drift is very nice, don't swim or move, just drift and look around. We also got to go to the Sloth place after hosing off. I now know that the Sloth place also offers snorkeling, I don't know how they are, but no matter where you are taken the snorkeling is great.

Is the sloth place you are talking about Daniel Johnson's or a different one?

If it was Daniel Johnson's was the drift snorkel on the same side of the island?

• 1 month later...

Quick update: We did this tour last week from the Allure and it was great. ROA lived up to the expectations, it was a nice ride from the port to their dock and the snorkeling was fantastic. The guides were all very personable and made sure we enjoyed ourselves.

The waves were a bit high, but it didn't impact our experience much. The only downside was that the fins were well worn, but they kept the mile long drift from being too taxing. They also provided lifejackets or pool noodles, the pool noodle was surprisingly effective at allowing me to get under the water a bit while not being too encumbering like a life jacket. Underwater we were able to see a lot of the reef and they took us past the drop-off, the highlight was a lionfish and nurse shark.

Quick update: We did this tour last week from the Allure and it was great. ROA lived up to the expectations, it was a nice ride from the port to their dock and the snorkeling was fantastic. The guides were all very personable and made sure we enjoyed ourselves.

The waves were a bit high, but it didn't impact our experience much. The only downside was that the fins were well worn, but they kept the mile long drift from being too taxing. They also provided lifejackets or pool noodles, the pool noodle was surprisingly effective at allowing me to get under the water a bit while not being too encumbering like a life jacket. Underwater we were able to see a lot of the reef and they took us past the drop-off, the highlight was a lionfish and nurse shark.

Writing about fins, I remember them telling me how awesome my/our fins are. My husband used to use a noodle until I had him practice in shallow ocean water to realize how much you simply float.

With our own gear, and now do all snorkeling on our own, shore snorkel, we wear quick blow up life vests in cases of panic. But realize you can just float.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app