Help with CALM water beach at Aruba?

GeezerCouple

Any suggestions for a CALM water beach, with as little surf as possible?

We were on Aruba a few years ago (I'm 95% sure it was Aruba) and there was a small beach, out of the way place, with a covered food area to the left (left, as one faces out towards the sea).

IF my memory is correct, the water was gloriously warm and just about NO surf.

Any suggestions for several hours at the end of November?

Many thanks!

GC

Palm Beach in the “High Rise” Hotel (Hol. Inn, Marriott, etc. has great, no waves beaches. Even Eagle Beach a bit closer to the docks is peaceful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Baby Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks.

The "beach itself" looks about right, but... is there a concession area (covered) off to the left (facing outward to sea)?

I'm asking for that specifically ONLY to try to figure out if it's the "same place" we went before.

We are DEFINITELY open to other suggestions :)

Many thanks!

GC

There is a lovely calm beach not far from the cruise port called Surfside. I doubt if this is where you went before because they fixed it up in the last few years. It has a bar with food, umbrellas and chairs. It is not busy like Palm Beach, and not as far as Baby Beach, but too far to walk to. You need to take a taxi. Ask the taxi driver to let you off at Splash Park Aruba. That is near there, and has the same entrance from the road. It is near the airport runway so there will be planes coming and going, but I enjoy watching them.

Any suggestions for a CALM water beach, with as little surf as possible?

We were on Aruba a few years ago (I'm 95% sure it was Aruba) and there was a small beach, out of the way place, with a covered food area to the left (left, as one faces out towards the sea).

IF my memory is correct, the water was gloriously warm and just about NO surf.

Any suggestions for several hours at the end of November?

Many thanks!

GC

Sounds like BABY Beach! "and there was a small beach, out of the way place, with a covered food area to the left (left, as one faces out towards the sea)."

We agree that you are referring to Baby Beach. Inside the rocks it is almost always quite calm. On the other hand, getting to Baby Beach is more difficult and/or expensive unless you have a rental car.

Hank

We agree that you are referring to Baby Beach. Inside the rocks it is almost always quite calm. On the other hand, getting to Baby Beach is more difficult and/or expensive unless you have a rental car.

Hank

Yes, we do remember it was "way out".

But we did it, and stopped to swim, as part of having someone drive us around the island, for sightseeing and perhaps a swim, so we probably didn't take a direct route there or back.

Anyone remember what the hourly taxi fare is?

[Yes, we'd pay to have someone stay an hour or so as I sure don't remember any taxi queues, to put it mildly! :D]

Or perhaps... better yet... we'll keep this list with us, and have a "tour of the calm beaches".

It sounds like there are several.

I'm not currently able to navigate the surf, and don't feel comfortable without someone on each side of me. And it would just be DH at this time. Actually, I don't feel particularly comfortable even with two "helpers", either these days, if there is surf.

But I *LOVE* that warm, warm, warm water. And we both love, love love the ultra clear water, some areas being more clear than others.

Thus far, we've been most impressed with the clarity and turquois-icity (!? ;)) of the Barbados water, but we'll see how the other islands look when seen again, after a week on Barbados not too long ago.

Thanks all, very much!

Wherever else we go, Baby Beach will be on that list!

GC

A taxi? I cannot imagine since we would never head out that far in a taxi. My guess would be around $35 - $40 one way! If you really have your heart set on going out to Baby you might want to consider just renting a car and driving yourself. Its not that difficult to drive on Aruba and the car would give you other options. You could even stop at Charlies Bar in St Nicholas, have a drink, eat some food, and pray you survive :). That place has been there forever and can be a fun tourist trap. Charlies has been at that location from before I was born....and I am a senior :).

Hank

Taxi rates just went up in July. The hourly rate is $50.00 per hour. I tried to find the rate from the cruise port to Baby Beach. The closest rate I could find is to Seroe Colorado, which is along the way. That rate is $44.00 one way. You need to add $3.00 to that if you are picked up inside the port.

Another suggestion is to go to Reflextions Beach Club. It is also on Surfside Beach, and the water is calm, like a lake. I have already told you about Surfside Beach in an earlier post. It is very close to the port, and has nice loungers, umbrellas, and a restaurant.

We are just back from a week in Aruba on a SCUBA diving trip - the diving wasn't that great - BUT we dove from a group on surfside beach called SE Aruba - (they were awesome too, just ftr) - just down the beach from them was the Reflexions bar - one day my husband got sea sick during the first dive and the shop was nice enough to drop him back at the shop while we went out for our second dive - he decided to 'wait it out' at Reflexions -

paid 20 bucks for two chairs and umbrellas - I joined him when we returned about an hour later - some of the best ceviche I have ever had for lunch - nice wine - the best mojito ever - fabulous staff - very very friendly and very easy to get a cab later - we liked it so much we spent four of our six afternoons there

also might note that Reflexions is very inexpensive - prices in menu are in NAF - to convert you divide by two and add ten percent - so our 220 dollar afternoon (a bottle of wine - three mojitos - ceviche - snack platter - four bottles of water) ended up costing 110 bucks! with a view that cannot be beat!

• 2 weeks later...

We've been to Aruba many many times in the last 17 years.... Baby Beach is the calm water beach.... We've seen the beaches get more crowded through the years... while we are glad for their economy we miss having the island more to ourselves!!