Nassau ATV Adventure

fitzy123

We are thinking of booking this excursion through a company called Bahamas Cruise Excursions. It is somewhat inexpensive and we are not thrilled with the excursions offered in Nassau through NCL. We are taking our kids (ages 10 and 8).

If anyone has done this excursion, would you recommend it?

I have the same question. Our kids are 7 and 12. The tour website says there are only about 6 ATV's in the group. Has anyone been on this?

The ATV's are not toys.. you need a drivers license to use one. (and they are driven partially on the street).

2 ppl to an ATV would work.

http://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/NassauATVIslandTour.htm

The ATV's are not toys.. you need a drivers license to use one. (and they are driven partially on the street).

2 ppl to an ATV would work.

http://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/NassauATVIslandTour.htm

I was not suggesting that my children would be driving the ATVs. I was just looking for someone who has been on the tour to see if it was a good one.

• 2 weeks later...
We are thinking of booking this excursion through a company called Bahamas Cruise Excursions. It is somewhat inexpensive and we are not thrilled with the excursions offered in Nassau through NCL. We are taking our kids (ages 10 and 8).

If anyone has done this excursion, would you recommend it?

Still hoping for an answer on this. Has anyone done this excursion?

• 4 weeks later...

Although we were never able to find anyone who had done this before, we took a chance and booked it anyway.

We were on the Norwegian Gem and none of the excursions offered through NCL interested us. There were 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 kids. We booked two ATVs for $90 each. We were told to exit the terminal at Nassau and cross the street and wait by the water fountain at 9:00am. When we got there another family was waiting as well. We waited until almost 9:30 and called the number on the confirmation we received and got a voicemail saying they were "currently out with their guests." The other family gave up and decided to go back to their ship, call their credit card company and get their money back. My husband and I decided to do wait another 15 minutes and then do the same. After a few minutes my husband went off to try to find us something else to do. There were scooter rentals available in the terminal and we were considering that. About 2 minutes after my husband walked away, an ATV pulled up. I explained to the tour guide that we were just about to give up and he apologized and said the tours are supposed to start at 9:30 (never really found out why we were told 9:00).

Anyway after a rough start, it turned out to be a great tour. Our guide (Mario) took us all around Nassau, stopping along the way to tell us about the history of the Island and offering many photo opps. We felt very safe on the ATVs. Even though we were driving along with the traffic in Nassau, our guide took special care to help us navigate through it. I have never driven any type of motorcycle, scooter, etc. so I was a little nervous. Steering is very different as soon as you are on dirt or sand so it took a little getting used to as we went down a few dirt roads. At the end of the tour Mario told us he had free T-shirts for us and that he would leave them at the tourist information desk in the terminal at 1:00. When we checked there later, the T-shirts were not there.

I have to say that all four of us, especially the kids, really loved the tour and we were glad we did it. My only negative comments are about the mix up with the times and the promised t-shirts.

Although we were never able to find anyone who had done this before, we took a chance and booked it anyway.

We were on the Norwegian Gem and none of the excursions offered through NCL interested us. There were 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 kids. We booked two ATVs for $90 each. We were told to exit the terminal at Nassau and cross the street and wait by the water fountain at 9:00am. When we got there another family was waiting as well. We waited until almost 9:30 and called the number on the confirmation we received and got a voicemail saying they were "currently out with their guests." The other family gave up and decided to go back to their ship, call their credit card company and get their money back. My husband and I decided to do wait another 15 minutes and then do the same. After a few minutes my husband went off to try to find us something else to do. There were scooter rentals available in the terminal and we were considering that. About 2 minutes after my husband walked away, an ATV pulled up. I explained to the tour guide that we were just about to give up and he apologized and said the tours are supposed to start at 9:30 (never really found out why we were told 9:00).

Anyway after a rough start, it turned out to be a great tour. Our guide (Mario) took us all around Nassau, stopping along the way to tell us about the history of the Island and offering many photo opps. We felt very safe on the ATVs. Even though we were driving along with the traffic in Nassau, our guide took special care to help us navigate through it. I have never driven any type of motorcycle, scooter, etc. so I was a little nervous. Steering is very different as soon as you are on dirt or sand so it took a little getting used to as we went down a few dirt roads. At the end of the tour Mario told us he had free T-shirts for us and that he would leave them at the tourist information desk in the terminal at 1:00. When we checked there later, the T-shirts were not there.

I have to say that all four of us, especially the kids, really loved the tour and we were glad we did it. My only negative comments are about the mix up with the times and the promised t-shirts.

Thanks for the review. I'll be stopping in Nassau twice next week and I'd like to do something else besides Atlantis on the second stop.

So, when you booked the tour, was it a $1 for $1 charge with no international fees on your credit card? I plan on calling Bank of America today to confirm "no surprises", but I'd like to check with other sources as well. ;)

Thanks for the info about the ATV tour. This tour sounds like a lot of fun. My DH and I are going to give it a try. We are arriving in Nassau on April 7th. Surprisingly, I emailed them last night to book and they still had availability. I'll post my review when we return.....

Just back from my Disney cruise with my DH. Both of us are in our mid-20's and we were looking for something different to do on this trip to Nassau. None of the excursions were really thrilling us so we decided to book something independently.

First of all, I was shocked that I was able to book this tour 2 nights before we were scheduled to set sail. Our ship was scheduled to dock at 9:00am so I emailed the company to request a 10:am start, instead of 9:30am. They were fine with this request, so we proceeded to book.

We also had a rocky start for our Nassau ATV Tour. Our ship was supposed to dock at 9:00am; however we didn't clear customs until about 10:00am. It also starting raining as soon as we pulled into port. My DH and I ran through the rain frantically looking for the fountain as it was already after the start time of our tour. When we found the fountain we waited and waited, but nobody showed up. We asked a few other tour operaters, but nobody seemed to be able to help us. So I decided to wait by the fountain, while my DH went to call the company using the number on the reservation.

When he called my DH was told that due to the rain they had pushed our tour to 1:00. They said since we weren't leaving till 7pm it shouldn't be a problem. How we were to know this without calling I have no idea.

Anyway, my DH and I used the time to shop in Nassau and made sure to be in front of the fountain promptly at 1pm. The ATV company picked us up promptly and brought us to their office.

After the rocky start our tour was off to smooth riding. The ATV's were very easy to operate as they were automatic's. Although we were driving through the crazy Nassau traffic I felt safe with our guide. I will tell you after this experience, I would never rent a car or scooter in Nassau on my own. The only way to do it is with a guide, IMO.

The tour lasted 2 1/2 hours and we saw many points of interest while driving including some houses of the upper and middle class, very different feel of Nassau from where the ship docks. We also stopped at the following locations: Fort Fincastle, Fort Charlotte, The Caves. I never knew that their were caves in Nassau. We actually walked right inside the caves and took many pictures. At Fort Fincastle their were many vendors our selling their goods. If you like to shop you can get some good deals here. Towels, key chains, picture frames, t-shirts, dresses, etc. Don't forget to haggle!!!

When all was through, my DH and I had a great time. As my DH put it, "it was a fun and unique way to tour the island." We both felt it was well worth the cost. ($80 per double riders, $90 per single riders)

Some Suggestions:

1) If your old enough to drive, pay the extra money to ride your own ATV.

2) Be sure to bring your confirmation AND some change with you as you will probably have to call the company when you arrive at the fountain. There are many pay phones around.

3) Everyone knows were the fountain is, JUST ASK!

• 8 years later...

Good2Know Thanks!!!

Sorry about that. :(

The Segway tour is fun. When we did it in March, one of the tour guides mentioned that their company may be starting an ATV tour. I couldn't find anything about it online though. Hopefully they can start something up.

• 2 years later...