Coffee card

Mopsymillar

Better still, take your own coffee. I take a small French Press plunger with my own blend. Chuck in a couple of scoops of coffee, ask the server to fill to level (?) and please provide cup or two. Easy.

When they offer me the ship’s coffee, I always politely decline and let them know “I’ve already tasted it” !!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We used to always get one card and then I would drink the fresh brewed and she would drink the punches. We bought two "just because" and then had the Sip and Sail on the next two cruises. I gave away our punched cards from the past where most of the punches weren't used (we had the Sip and Sail on our last two cruises) and kept the two unused cards. When we had the Sip and Sail (after I gave away the mostly unpunched cards) I discovered I liked those fancy coffee things. (Who knew?) Soooo.. We will likely use all the punches on our untouched cards on our upcoming 19 day cruise. My only issue is that I will have to actually pay for the shot of Jameson in the Vanilla Latte. :eek: OUCH! Having free liquor was nice!!!

And will we "pay" with a punch for the fresh brewed?

It's possible, but I think it's more likely to be, as has been suggested, the drive to have things electronic, with the bonus it's one less bit of accountable paper to worry about.

We will now just have to worry about the zillions of "papers" that the spa, the art auction people, the shops and the Effy shop insists on sending to our cabins! What a waste of paper!!

We will now just have to worry about the zillions of "papers" that the spa, the art auction people, the shops and the Effy shop insists on sending to our cabins! What a waste of paper!!

Quite right! It would be great if we could opt out of this marketing stuff by checking/unchecking a box/boxes it in our Cruise Personalizers.

I still like to have access to the Patter, but most of that can be accessed via Princess@Sea.

I'm sure they must weight the cost of sending out those sale papers against the increased sales from all those new cruisers.;)

Keep in mind that most likely the person doing the counterfeiting would not be the person using the card. They would print and sell on ebay.

Same as with the counterfeiting of sports event tickets.

Never said there was counterfeiting, only that it would be quite simple.

I suspect the main reason for the change is do to accounting for the value of unused cards that have built up over the years, most of which would be as elite benefits.

MOST of people selling on Ebay are legit, have not heard of fakes there, I have ones for sale there also, don't need to scare people away from a great deal

As a resurrected ghost of Princess past, has any ship in the fleet yet fitted any of their cabins with the pod coffee maker? I was pleased to see P&O offering these. They supplied a quality coffee with no mess without having to go fetch one each morning.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an easy solution:

Take a coffee maker, cheaper than a coffee card.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074B1453S/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvpv2_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=6375e697-f226-4dbd-a63a-5ec697811ee1&pd_rd_wg=iDDBo&pf_rd_r=K4YCHF6Q1DR679VXFJ3S&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B074B1453S&pd_rd_w=6CWVQ&pf_rd_i=keurig+mini+coffee+maker&pd_rd_r=9c134f71-770a-4dac-9483-e323c8344128&ie=UTF8&qid=1539705281&sr=1