Coffee Cards

Doughboy

You also get “free” tea and hot chocolate in the IC
The tea (Mighty Leaf) and hot chocolate at the IC are only “free” if you have a coffee package or PBP. Otherwise the cost is $1.44 for tea or $1.73/$3.45 for hot chocolate.

On Royal class ships there is complementary hot chocolate, and hot water and tea bags in the Horizon Court.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do note, though, that, since this is now on your cruise card, it's only good for the cruise on which you've purchased it.

We just got off the Royal and were told we had until the end of the year (2018) to use up the punches on my "real" coffee card (paper version). Apparently there are newer paper cards that give you until March, 2019, too, but then it's all on the cruise card.

Well, dang. This makes the coffee card much less attractive to me. I loved the fact that I could just use it on another cruise if I didn't use all of my punches. I have one that I have used on several cruises. I like the coffee drinks and hot chocolate but wouldn't get 15 of them during a single cruise.

Well, dang. This makes the coffee card much less attractive to me. I loved the fact that I could just use it on another cruise if I didn't use all of my punches. I have one that I have used on several cruises. I like the coffee drinks and hot chocolate but wouldn't get 15 of them during a single cruise.

I think many a cruiser will be in this situation. As a result, I wouldn't be surprised if coffee revenue actually goes down bit once things settle in. I mean, it's only a 20% discount and some of that % get's even lower due to time value of money. So people overall will purchase fewer specialty coffees. And frankly, we're not talking big dollars either way, so I wonder why they even changed it. I suspect that accounting wanted it cleaner and those paper cards are likely impossible to keep track of. I mostly understand, but still a bit disappointed.

I think many a cruiser will be in this situation. As a result, I wouldn't be surprised if coffee revenue actually goes down bit once things settle in. Only a guess, but I expect them to start pricing the coffee package by the day like the soda package has been all along.

I wonder why they even changed it. I suspect that accounting wanted it cleaner and those paper cards are likely impossible to keep track of. I mostly understand, but still a bit disappointed.

I think they changed it to enter the electronic age with the package. The soda package is on your cruise card now instead of a sticker. And the adult beverage package has always been on the cruise card.

I think many a cruiser will be in this situation. As a result, I wouldn't be surprised if coffee revenue actually goes down bit once things settle in. I mean, it's only a 20% discount and some of that % get's even lower due to time value of money. So people overall will purchase fewer specialty coffees. And frankly, we're not talking big dollars either way, so I wonder why they even changed it. I suspect that accounting wanted it cleaner and those paper cards are likely impossible to keep track of. I mostly understand, but still a bit disappointed.

If you drink espresso it's nowhere near 20% saving, it's about 30 cents per cup. Not worth buying the new packages IMHO as it only needs two coffees missed to be losing money on the deal.

Thank you Colo cruiser for the happy news. We are on a 33 dayer, so it makes my decision much easier... heck, i might even buy two cards to get a drink a day! There are lots of sea days, so my coffee consumption will be up somewhat. Brewed is nice too.

Seems you like coffee a lot too.

FAMSKI...you note that on the Royal brewed coffee is available all over the ship. Does that mean in the buffet too? or is there a place in the buffet you can use your card to get the brewed cup. Where else is " allover the ship?" Thanks for the insight.

FAMSKI...you note that on the Royal brewed coffee is available all over the ship. Does that mean in the buffet too? or is there a place in the buffet you can use your card to get the brewed cup. Where else is " allover the ship?" Thanks for the insight.
There are coffee brewers for complementary regular and decaf on each side of the Horizon Court with an adjacent hot chocolate dispenser. I assume that the complementary coffee in the DR’s, specialty restaurants, and room service is also fresh brewed but I can’t confirm. Fresh brewed coffee at the IC or bars is not complementary and would need a coffee package or individual purchase.

I thought th coffee in the main aisles in the Horizon Court was made with coffee “syrup”. Am I misinformed? Assumed dining room coffee was also

easy make with water just added to coffee concentrate.Hope I am wrong. Did not even know coffee is available at bars.....they must use one cup brew machines as they would never go through a carafe before it was cold and bitter! Anybody know? Thx

I thought th coffee in the main aisles in the Horizon Court was made with coffee “syrup”. Am I misinformed?

The Royal class ships have the brewed coffee in the buffet although the beans used are probably not the same quality as at the IC. The other ships use the syrup in the buffet.

On the Royal Class ships coffee in the HC buffet at all there coffee stations is fresh brewed.

There is also a station in the HC buffet that you can use your package and get a specialty coffee as in the IC.

The difference in the brewed coffee in the HC buffet and the brewed coffee in the IC is that the IC uses a bettercoffee bean with less acidity.

I have seen coffee pots (Mr. Coffee types) at various bars throughout the ship but have never asked for coffee at a bar.

Tea is not free at the IC. The tea (Mighty Leaf) and hot chocolate at the IC are only “free” if you have a coffee package or PBP. Otherwise the cost is $1.44 for tea or $1.73/$3.45 for hot chocolate. You can get free tea at the HC buffet (Lipton, Twinings).

Edited by famski740

We are elite and have exchanged our bar set up for two coffee cards. How does the staff electronically add the coffee package to our Sail & Sign card?

Have any Elites turned the bar set up for coffee cards under the new rules?

Are they still acceptiing the old punch coffee cards? I have two left over and intend to use them on our next sailing. (No expiration date on ours)

And is it still the same deal...punch for specialty coffee and free fresh brewed?

Does anyone have RECENT experience with this?

Thanks!

Are they still acceptiing the old punch coffee cards? I have two left over and intend to use them on our next sailing. (No expiration date on ours)

And is it still the same deal...punch for specialty coffee and free fresh brewed?

Does anyone have RECENT experience with this?

Thanks!

Old cards good until.....

August 31st 2019.

On subsequent cruises old cards, punches only, no fresh brewed.

In the past I would take the coffee card and get a mocha latte smatte whaever for DW and a fresh brew for myself in the AM, I'm guessing that's a possibility depending on the servers?
As long as the package is on your card, yes. Terms and conditions of the coffee package are that punches can be shared but fresh brewed coffee, specialty teas, and hot chocolate are for the package owner only.

We are elite and have exchanged our bar set up for two coffee cards. How does the staff electronically add the coffee package to our Sail & Sign card?

Have any Elites turned the bar set up for coffee cards under the new rules?

We are on the Regal where we traded our mini bar for 2 coffee packages. After boarding we simply called Room Service to trade. They simply ask for our Folio Numbers (off the cruise card or medallion) and added the package to our accounts. Somebody eventually came to our cabin and retrieved the mini bar stuff. All real simple

Hank

We are on the Regal where we traded our mini bar for 2 coffee packages. After boarding we simply called Room Service to trade. They simply ask for our Folio Numbers (off the cruise card or medallion) and added the package to our accounts. Somebody eventually came to our cabin and retrieved the mini bar stuff. All real simple

Hank

Thanks for the information.

We will now be prepared for our cruise next month.