Coffee card

Mopsymillar

Hi , we've just booked the Sapphire for next year after a year away.

We have a partially used coffee card and I know you used to be able to use them on your next cruise. But, I may have imagined it,are the cards now defunct?

As of now you can still use the unused punches on a card for coffee or specialty coffee drinks/teas etc.

We still have 8 plus cards to use up.

Cards with an expiration date will "die" on that date. Those without a date will expire on August 31.2019. They have been replaced with the coffee package--same price ($31 + gratuity= about $36), 15 specialty coffees/teas and unlimited brewed coffee/premium tea bags good on the cruise where purchased only.

We just returned from a B2B which was booked as 2 cruises. Our cruise card was good for the entire 14 nights, and our coffee package obtained on day 1 was good for the 14 days.

Is there a link/reference to where you got this information?

"Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019."

Under Package Details and Qualifications... found here:

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-physical-card-disclaimer/index.html

Is there a link/reference to where you got this information?

Google knows all

NEW GROUNDS COFFEE PACKAGE

Terms & Conditions 2018 (For cards purchased for voyages prior to June 2018)

• Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019.

My last coffe card which I bought in May expired in September of this year. On my last cruise I noticed that instead of coffee cards, people were swiping their cruise cards, which leads me to believe that the old punch cards are being replaced with loading the coffees on your cruise card... it might have been just those with unlimited beverages?

My last coffe card which I bought in May expired in September of this year. On my last cruise I noticed that instead of coffee cards, people were swiping their cruise cards, which leads me to believe that the old punch cards are being replaced with loading the coffees on your cruise card... it might have been just those with unlimited beverages?

DUH....that is because you can't buy or get coffee CARDS on board any more. The offering is the "Coffee PACKAGE" which I detailed above. The package is on your cruise card, in the same way that a soda or unlimited package is on the card. The barista can swipe your card at any time to tell you how many fancy drinks you have remaining. They also swipe when you get a tea bag or brewed coffee, but there is no charge if you have the package--so same as the card, but it expires at the end of the cruise. There is no way to hold over any unused "punches" to another cruise as was possible with cards.

As of now you can still use the unused punches on a card for coffee or specialty coffee drinks/teas etc.

We still have 8 plus cards to use up.

I just counted, I have 7 left, and will be taking at least 3 with me next month on the Star 12 day RT Los Angeles, and will be take the rest without expiration dates with us in January on the Diamond in Singapore.. I'll be the guy at the IC buying stranger's cappacino's and expresso's :cool::):cool:

Srpilo

I just like to thank Princess for lying about the coffee cards. They were supposed to be good until you used up all your punches.:mad: Can I have all the Mini bar set up,s that I traded in for the unused coffee cards back??? How about all the people that pad for their coffee cards. Should they receive a refund? In Boston we call this a Rip-off!!! In other places it call an act of Stealing.

Tony

"Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019."

Under Package Details and Qualifications... found here:

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-physical-card-disclaimer/index.html

Thank you for your quick response.

I just counted, I have 7 left, and will be taking at least 3 with me next month on the Star 12 day RT Los Angeles, and will be take the rest without expiration dates with us in January on the Diamond in Singapore.. I'll be the guy at the IC buying stranger's cappacino's and expresso's :cool::)

Srpilo

(y)(y)(y):cool:

I just like to thank Princess for lying about the coffee cards. They were supposed to be good until you used up all your punches.:mad: Can I have all the Mini bar set up,s that I traded in for the unused coffee cards back??? How about all the people that pad for their coffee cards. Should they receive a refund? In Boston we call this a Rip-off!!! In other places it call an act of Stealing.

Tony

Was not a nice thing they are doing. Wrong to charge us for 15 coffees and if not used by end of cruise we lose them.

The Coffee Card Rebellion... young Bostonians will read about it for generations. Below is a snippet from the future historical account.

—-The mature Cap’n was quoted on the deck of the Regal Princess; “Give me my coffee or give me a complimentary Dinner at the specialty restaurants”

The Coffee Card Rebellion... young Bostonians will read about it for generations. Below is a snippet from the future historical account.

—-The mature Cap’n was quoted on the deck of the Regal Princess; “Give me my coffee or give me a complimentary Dinner at the specialty restaurants”

Neverbeenhere,

I love it “The Coffee Card Rebellion” Now let’s see how many Cruise Critic members agree.

Remember the Famous Quote by Captain John Paul Jones “I have not yet begun to fight”.

Tony

Can I add one word (BROKEN) Cruise Contract.
I raised the complaint about the expiring punches with a Princess customer service rep. She said it was covered under the contract. I asked her to email the exact passage that covers it. She never did. Our problem is that we don't know how many Princess cruises we'll take between now and the end of August next year. We'll be on the Royal for 15 nights next month, which will use up one of our cards. We'll probably still have 20 punches left. It's too bad they also discontinued using punches for gelato on the Royal/Regal.

Can someone who was recently on a Princess cruise tell me how much a latte or cappuccino costs at International Cafe? I'm debating whether to get a coffee package for my upcoming 7-day cruise on the Regal. I usually only drink one cup a day so I'm not sure it's worth it. I loved getting the card when I could use it for my next cruise as well. I really wish they hadn't changed that.

Below re the terms and conditions as posted on the Princess site (not surprised that the last sentence is on every yearly update):

New Grounds Coffee Package

Terms & Conditions 2018

Terms and Conditions

• Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update these terms and conditions of our beverage packages / offers at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply, in addition to the terms and conditions of the passage contract.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented with or without notice.
  • Pricing is subject to change without notice, and for vessels designated in a foreign currency (Australia as an example), packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.
  • By purchasing a coffee package, you agree to these and all future terms and conditions.

Edited by famski740

Below is the International Cafe offerings:

Espresso & Coffee

FreshlyBrewed Coffee (regular) $ 1.25

Espresso(single shot) $ 1.75

Macchiato(single shot) $ 1.75

Cappuccino(regular) $ 2.50

CaféLatte (regular) $ 2.50

CaramelLatte (regular) $ 2.75

WhiteChocolate Latte (regular) $ 2.75

CaramelMacchiato (single shot) $ 2.50

White& Milk Chocolate Mocha (regular) $ 2.75

VanillaBean Latte (regular) $ 2.75

HotChocolate (regular) $ 1.50

PremiumTea (regular) $ 1.95

FreshlyBrewed Coffee (large - to go) $ 1.75

Espresso(double shot) $ 2.50

Macchiato(double shot) $ 2.50

Cappuccino(large - to go) $ 3.50

CaféLatte (large - to go) $ 3.50

CaramelLatte (large - to go) $ 3.75

WhiteChocolate Latte (large - to go) $ 3.75

CaramelMacchiato (double shot) $ 3.50

White& Milk Chocolate Mocha (large - to go) $ 3.75

VanillaBean Latte (large - to go) $ 3.75

HotChocolate (large - to go) $ 3.00

Mighty Leaf Tea

WhiteOrchard $ 1.25

VanillaBean $ 1.25

OrganicEarl Grey $ 1.25

OrganicBreakfast $ 1.25

OrganicSpring Jasmine $ 1.25

ChamomileCitrus $ 1.25

GingerTwist $ 1.25

MarrakeshMint $ 1.25

Iced Coffee & Blends

WhiteChocolate (12 oz.) $ 2.50

VanillaBean (12 oz.) $ 2.50

CaramelMocha (12 oz.) $ 2.50

PeachPizzazz (12 oz.) $ 3.50

Pomegranate& Blueberry (12 oz.) $ 3.50

MangoMadness (12 oz.) $ 3.50

WhiteChocolate (16 oz.) $ 3.50

VanillaBean (16 oz.) $ 3.50

CaramelMocha (16 oz.) $ 3.50

PeachPizzazz (16 oz.) $ 4.50

Pomegranate& Blueberry (16 oz.) $ 4.50

MangoMadness (16 oz.) $ 4.50

Tony

I agree. I exchanged for mini bars that I could have brought home with me. Now I have useless cards. Very short notice. They should have given more than 1 1/2 years notice. The average person does not cruise more than once a year. It's such a small thing but has made me look into different cruise lines.

I gave away a couple of the old style coffee cards that had most of the punches remaining on our cruise last October. We have a couple of cards that haven't been punched and haven't had voyage info written on them. We'll take them on our cruise in November. (They were a "freebie" from a TA on a previous cruise. We moved the cruise to the Sip and Sail so never used them.) Hopefully we won't get any flak about not having ship or voyage info written on them. (I don't know why but we have never had anything written on any of the cards we got.) We don't have any cruises booked after that until late in 2019 so the cards won't have any value after that. Might as well use them up. If we don't use all the punches on the cruise (19 days) I'll give the cards away to somebody who has a cruise booked before the date that all cards expire. I definitely feel for those who have a stack of cards that will be of zero value after August 2019. We don't have that issue as, not only are we not yet elite, I'd never trade away the mini bar for coffee cards. :p

Can someone who was recently on a Princess cruise tell me how much a latte or cappuccino costs at International Cafe? I'm debating whether to get a coffee package for my upcoming 7-day cruise on the Regal. I usually only drink one cup a day so I'm not sure it's worth it. I loved getting the card when I could use it for my next cruise as well. I really wish they hadn't changed that.

You may find someone on your cruise that will happily buy you a latte or cappuccino... srpilo isn’t the only one who will be standing at the IC with card in hand. I don’t plan on letting my cards go to waste so.... I plan on making as many people happy as possible ;)