Star princess - mini suite recommendation

mikjr

greetings.

I've done some searching already on reviews for AFT mini suites on the Star, but haven't really found any answers to my questions.

We are currently booked on the STAR with a BALCONY CABIN DECK 10 MID AFT, but have an opportunity for a MINI SUITE on DECK 9 - AFT. I'm trying to decide whether to STAY where we are, or MOVE to a mini suite.

I was curious about any experiences you might have had with AFT MINI SUITE LOCATIONS, as to:

noise

vibration

ship movement.

Thanks

We had an aft mini on the Star (D733). It was amazing!!

Ginormous balcony...you could see aft and forward without hanging on the railing and if you want to have a party...you could invite 15-20 friends.

The bathroom was set-up as a handicap, but something about the cabin didn't pass inspection, so it's available for all.

The website says "twin beds only", but we asked our steward to put it in queen config and she did. With the bed in queen config. the space to walk to the balcony from the "front" of the cabin is a little tight, but it wasn't a huge problem.

Movement? Didn't notice any.

Noise? Not really, aft cabins are a little noisier from the wake, but we love it.

Vibration? Sure, the whole ship vibrates, you get used to it.

• 2 weeks later...
greetings.

I've done some searching already on reviews for AFT mini suites on the Star, but haven't really found any answers to my questions.

We are currently booked on the STAR with a BALCONY CABIN DECK 10 MID AFT, but have an opportunity for a MINI SUITE on DECK 9 - AFT. I'm trying to decide whether to STAY where we are, or MOVE to a mini suite.

I was curious about any experiences you might have had with AFT MINI SUITE LOCATIONS, as to:

noise

vibration

ship movement.

Thanks

We sailed the Star last Nov to Hawaii. We were in stateroom Mini Suite E721. The best part of the mini suites on Deck 8, is they are covered. So you have total privacy for the decks above. All mini suites on Deck 9 are uncovered and everyone from the decks above look done on your balcony so i. e. No privacy.

Even though deck 8 mini suitemate located above the Vista lounge there is no noise that can be heard in the staterooms.

We are booked on the Caribbean Princess on Nov 25th in Mini Suite E721 simply because we enjoy sitting on the balcony having a cocktail, reading or just taking a nap in privacy.

Hope this helps.

Unless you get the furthest aft mini, the balconies on the Caribe deck are actually bigger, and partially covered. If you are more about the bigger room, go for the mini. If you are more interested in a great balcony, stick with what you have.