Christmas Day on Miracle

123linz123

I do recall some special holiday activities. I think I recall cookie decorating, Santa reading a holiday story either Christmas eve, or Christmas day, actual lite candles on the table with dinner. There were special activities, but now that I think of it, I was on Princess, but I would guess Carnival is no different.

We were on the Pride last Christmas, but it was a sea day. There were a number of Christmas related activities around the ship. People were dressed both in Christmas attire. I was surprised at how many people showed up to breakfast in their Christmas PJs.

We were on the Pride last Christmas, but it was a sea day. There were a number of Christmas related activities around the ship. People were dressed both in Christmas attire. I was surprised at how many people showed up to breakfast in their Christmas PJs.

We also have done a sea day on Christmas and that is when they held the kids show around 2 pm. Most of the Christmas stuff was done in the days before, with Santa coming on Christmas eve and the non-denominational service around 4:30 that same night. Other than the show on Christmas Day, there was the Tom Turkey dinner that night, but not much else during the day - it was a quiet and relaxed one.

If it were us, and we had something to do ashore, now that our boys are 14+ we would plan what we wanted. On the cruise mentioned above, we were in Cozumel for Christmas Eve and spent it at MoneyBar.

Are there extra activities just because it is Christmas Day, or is it same as any other day?

I'm wondering whether to stay on the ship or take an excursion (cozumel)

Thank you

L

You might enjoy this:

https://www.carnival.com/funtastic-holiday-cruises/christmas-cruises.aspx

I've cruised over Christmas many times as a matter of tradition. I always enjoyed all the decorations, the special Christmas meal, and especially the Christmas Village set out along Promenade deck. There are Christmas activities during the week of a Christmas cruise (not just on Christmas Day). Did I mention how enjoyable it is to get away from the holiday stress at home with someone else doing the cooking? In addition you'll see many of the officers in white uniforms enjoying the holiday week with their families onboard. I think everyone should experience Christmas onboard at least once.

• 2 weeks later...

We have done Christmas many times and while there are activities if it is a port day they will be light activities just because it is assumed that most people will get off the ship - From what I recall in the past most of the activities were done the night before