What is the Hippest/trendiest/happening bar on Miracle?

123linz123

At the Miracle's Alchemy Bar a service team member in the area must have thought Alchemy was the trendiest bar on ship. Our friends asked for soft drinks and were told in a haughty voice and manner that " Alchemy doesn't serve soft drinks, only our signature prescription menu drinks are served here."

At this point our friends were told they could go to the Atrium Bar and order there. We cancelled our order and we all got up and walked out. We don't sail with Carnival to be among snobs. We never went back.

The Red Frog Pub is much more relaxed and had better live music and it had games like darts and Foosball (I think) too. Red Frog is the better venue aboard Miracle hands down.

At the Miracle's Alchemy Bar a service team member in the area must have thought Alchemy was the trendiest bar on ship. Our friends asked for soft drinks and were told in a haughty voice and manner that " Alchemy doesn't serve soft drinks, only our signature prescription menu drinks are served here."

At this point our friends were told they could go to the Atrium Bar and order there. We cancelled our order and we all got up and walked out. We don't sail with Carnival to be among snobs. We never went back.

The Red Frog Pub is much more relaxed and had better live music and it had games like darts and Foosball (I think) too. Red Frog is the better venue aboard Miracle hands down.

Kind of like going to Mc Donald’s and asking for chow mein. They don’t have it. Not snobby but not on their ingredients list.

DD just had her first alchemy experience a few weeks ago. She asked for something with vodka and for it to be sweet. Completely off the menu and she thought it was very good.

Kind of like going to Mc Donald’s and asking for chow mein. They don’t have it. Not snobby but not on their ingredients list.

DD just had her first alchemy experience a few weeks ago. She asked for something with vodka and for it to be sweet. Completely off the menu and she thought it was very good.

I said the service member was haughty in voice and manner and THAT is what was snobby.

Odd that your dear daughter ordered " chow mein" not on the menu and was served but our snob of a server was too good to walk 30 yards to get soft drinks for our friends because they aren't on the menu. Or do you mean "from the menu" and not "off the menu?"

Old school or not we were taught if you can do it for the customer, do it.

I said the service member was haughty in voice and manner and THAT is what was snobby.

Odd that your dear daughter ordered " chow mein" not on the menu and was served but our snob of a server was too good to walk 30 yards to get soft drinks for our friends because they aren't on the menu. Or do you mean "from the menu" and not "off the menu?"

Old school or not we were taught if you can do it for the customer, do it.

I think you are off base if you are expecting the very busy workers at Alchemy to walk and get a guest a soda. I also think you are off base calling them snobby - do you know how many times we have seen them have to redirect passengers who want wine or a rum and coke or a sprite because they don’t have it? And you should see some of the responses they get from passengers - like they are put out. The Alchemy bartenders are the best on the ship and 99% of the time the friendliest - it’s how they get that job.

My gut tells me you were uninformed and had unreasonable expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Alchemy bar has a soda gun.

Then why was my party told they did not have soft drinks and would have to go get them themselves in the Atrium bar? Poor training and an uneducated server in Alchemy doesn't sound professional to me.

Edited by sanmarcosman

I think you are off base if you are expecting the very busy workers at Alchemy to walk and get a guest a soda. I also think you are off base calling them snobby - do you know how many times we have seen them have to redirect passengers who want wine or a rum and coke or a sprite because they don’t have it? And you should see some of the responses they get from passengers - like they are put out. The Alchemy bartenders are the best on the ship and 99% of the time the friendliest - it’s how they get that job.

My gut tells me you were uninformed and had unreasonable expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You could have fired a canon off in that room and not hit anyone it was that devoid of guests. You weren't there. This individual was not a bartender working behind the bar. They appeared to be working as a floor server or runner when needed. Like I said the place was empty and we should not have been treated dismissively.