Cost of drinks onboard

CruiserDoc

:)Cannot give you any actual figures but I would say that the prices bear some comparison to reasonable restaurant prices (in the U.K.). On the Royal Clipper, and maybe the SC and SF too, you can, if you wish, buy a bottle of wine at dinner, which you can choose from the wine list, and, if you do not drink it all, they will keep the part used bottle for you for the next day - an alternative to buying wine by the glass.

We were on the Royal Clipper in April, 2010. Looking back at our closing

statement, the cost of a glass of wine (ie Chardonnay) was 3.25 Euros.

A beer was 2.8 Euros. As I remember, the least expensive bottle of

wine was about 24-26 Euros, and up from there.

Deanna

Hi

We are just off the Star Flyer, draught beer 2.80 Euro's, spirit with mixer were 5.80. On the menu they have recommended bottles of wine starting from about 24 Euro, but, you can just ask for house white or red and they were around 14 Euro's, French or Italian.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Kim in Niceville! I have been to Niceville and love the Destin area!

Re: the house wine - is the white similar to a Chardonnay, a Sauvignon Blanc, or Pinot Grigio, if you can recall? And same for the house red - a Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, or other?

We just returned from the Royal Clipper sailing of January 22, 2011. Looking at invoice..... A coke was 1.80 Euro, Bar mixed drink - usually the drink of the day i.e. Pina Colada or something similar was 4.75 euro, draft beer was 2.80 euro. Decent wine in the dining room was 23.00 euro and 20.00 euro per bottle - if you did not finish the bottle they would cork and save for the next evening. We usually don't order wine by the glass at the bar, so don't have a price for a glass of wine. We thought drink prices were reasonable. We loved the Royal Clipper and had a great time.

loveislands--Glad to hear you have been here. We just got off the Star Clipper (Jan 29, 2011). They had 2 house whites--a chardonay and a sauvignon blanc--by glass or bottle. I think the red was a cabernet, but DH ordered the wines by the bottle.

I just did a trip report-- Barbados to the Panama Canal and I included a detailed listing of the drink prices.

Archived